jumpnaked69

SAFETY DAY AT MILE HI SKYDIVING CENTER, CO

Mile Hi Skydiving Center will be hosting it’s annual USPA Safety Day on Saturday, March 8. This year we’ll be giving **extraordinary discounts** for non-licensed jumpers who are not current. Students will cover the cost of gear rental, all slots, and instructor fees ONLY. Get out and start jumping again! In addition, anyone who participates in Safety Day will receive discounted jump tickets for the entire day of jumping. In the evening, Mile Hi will host a number of short seminars for everyone to attend and enjoy. The main topics covered will include Emergency Procedures, Canopy Flight, Rigging and Equipment, and Miscellaneous Safety Concerns including a number of different topics. The dropzone will provide PIZZA that evening for anyone that attends! The new landing area and rules will be announced and discussed. The day is guaranteed to be a great time where everyone can enjoy the company of other skydivers as well as learn how to be safer in the sky. Sunday, March 9 is our reserve Safety Day if there’s bad weather on Saturday. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the dropzone or Alan Martinez at alan.g.martinez AT gmail.com!

Damn, that is going to be my 2nd day as a Colorado resident.

How far are you from Colorado springs?
I'm very current so no issues there but I'll take the "higher than your used to jumping" breifing.(and whatever else you need to tell me)
My photos

My Videos

Mile high is at 6500 MSL, right?

I may not jump on safety day than.
12,500 AGL to you is 19,500 MSL to me.

Hypoxia would suck on my 1st day of jumping in Co and on safety day.

I will more than likely be there to meet you guys though.

EDIT: for the record I know 5280ft is a mile but I've been told that the DZ is at 6,500ft
My photos

My Videos

The airport (Longmont - KLMO) is at 5052 feet. It's probably an 1:45 drive from the Springs. You could at least do a hop & pop, no? :P It would be worth it just to take in the scenery a bit. Might as well get used to the drive too...

Burn the land and boil the sea,
You can't take the sky from me.

The airport (Longmont - KLMO) is at 5052 feet. It's probably an 1:45 drive from the Springs. You could at least do a hop & pop, no? :P It would be worth it just to take in the scenery a bit. Might as well get used to the drive too...

Sweet. Thanks for the info. Hop n pops are deifinitely possible.
My photos

My Videos

Alright everyone...the weather looks like it might give us a chance to jump this Saturday. Just in case it doesn't, we've got Sunday as our backup day. Uncurrent students looking for cheap recurrency training should show up at 8am and fun jumpers can start manifesting at 9am. Please let us know if you have any questions!

Alan