rgbnz

World's Highest Tandem Skydive

I did my jump from 30,200 feet. That is how high Mike Mullins told me it was. As far as I know, that is as high as anyone has ever done a tandem WITHOUT OXYGEN. Fast Eddie

Eddie,

Just to clarify, you were supplied with oxygen on the aircraft. You did not use oxygen in freefall (which you found was not a wise choice). Yes, this is the highest I know of a Tandem without freefall oxygen and before everyone goes ballistic over endangering a tandem student, the passenger was an experienced jumper.

Mike

Mike I am having flash backs to wisconson several years ago. 10,000 feet of pure hypoxia. I definately dont recomend 28000 without proper bailout. Its not to bad without it unless the person your suposed to video takes 30 seconds to get out of the plane. (Thanks Scary Perry)lol
Nothing like the piliot telling you your all going to die, lol

For the record I had a cypress put in just for this jump.

I got out at 21k on the way to 24k because the O2 system on the aircraft was not operating properly. I will probably never do another one again but if I do I know what to look for in an O2 system.

Just for clarification, you are not talking about Mike Mullins King Air. The system that I supply works perfectly. It is a very expensive demand system that supplies 100% oxygen and is certified to 42,000'.

Thanks,
Mike

I got out at 21k on the way to 24k because the O2 system on the aircraft was not operating properly. I will probably never do another one again but if I do I know what to look for in an O2 system.

Just for clarification, you are not talking about Mike Mullins King Air. The system that I supply works perfectly. It is a very expensive demand system that supplies 100% oxygen and is certified to 42,000'.

Thanks,
Mike

Daaaaaaamn! Now if we could just find a place that'll let you go that high! :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks,
Mike

Sorry Mike, I didn't go back and read what I wrote. I was not talking about Mikes Kingair. My experience was on board another aircraft.