packertom

Just fer Us Boogie Skydive Dallas June 12-15th

JUST FER US BOOGIE SKYDIVE DALLAS 12-15 JUNE 2008!!!

Okay kiddies, this is the first public announcement I'm making concerning this boogie... We've been doing this for 5 years now and we're going BIG this year... Basically, it's called the Just Fer Us boogie because it's planned and run by the skydivers for the skydivers.. here's a basic look at what we currently have planned...

We're bringing in a Casa and we already have a Super Otter and a Grand Caravan. Currently we have Larry Henderson, Guy Wright and Larry Clapp organizing big way stuff and the Dallas Organizers Group handling the rest. We'll have dedicated organizers for track dives, pylon races, SCR jumps, high altitude jumps with oxygen, raft dives, toy dives, ball jumps, hybrid dives.. well you get the idea.. we'll be feeding on thursday, friday and saturday nights... there will be an open bar with domestic on tap and mixed drinks as well as blended margaritas... we'll have a DJ and music and we're working on a band for Saturday night.. Polyester party on Saturday night with contests etc... and ya'll know what that means ;) The Texas Headdown State Record will be going on concrurently. We're working on the math for boogie fees etc and I'll post them as soon as we figure it all out.. this is going to be a monster.. we are aiming to make this the biggest boogie that Skydive Dallas has ever seen! Velocity Sportswear is sponsoring the event and for all who met me at Couch Freaks this last year... you knows I likes my parties :ph34r: We're working on getting a webpage up for the boogie but for the moment you can get information from our myspace page at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=316594019 or on the velocitysportswear page at www.velocitysportswear.com

Hope to see every skydiver in the world there... more to follow :-)
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

Is your "local pro swooper" ( :P ) organizing any canopy flocking or setting up a swoop course or anything like that? I don't have a freefall rig setup right now, but I would be willing to drive to do some cool canopy stuff.

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

hmmm.... like the way you think... I'll bring it up in the staff meeting and see what we can add to the list of events.. we're working on the list of events and pairing up organizers right now... we'd talked about some crw stuff and maybe a mini-swoop meet... I'll announce the updated list of events soon.. thanks for the input.

Tom
[email protected]
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

Is your "local pro swooper" (:P )

If you are talking about who i think you are, he is in san marcos these days and recently broke his ankle. And i think a lot of the locals there would give you a run for your money dave, you would have fun up there.;)

Never look down on someone, unless they are going down on you.

I'm not talking about the guy with a pony tail and a cop-stach. I was talking about the other pro they have.

I have no doubt the canopy pilots in Dallas are good there are a lot of good jumpers in every discipline in Dallas, I was making a joke while asking if there was going to be any specific high performance canopy organizing. I love going to DZs and swooping, but I would have to take off work to make it to the boogie.

That and I haven't had a terminal non-tandem jump in about a year, so without any fun canopy stuff I'm just as useful as a an AFF level 2 student on an SCR.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Bump.

Thinking about coming to this. I can tell all you Texas people how SkyFest was... :P

Now that I've pissed the locals off, who wants to gimme a ride to/from the airport? :D

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I'm going to have a lot of firsts for this boogie, so everyone get their butts out here and I'll bring you mucho beer...not that you'll need it with the bar. :D:D:D

COME PLAY!!! I'm super excited! B|

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

I've been busy, busy, busy... there is a lot more that goes into this than you'd believe... we're rocking along, registration is going well and it looks like I'm going to have more people than I initially planned on.. we're printing shirts as fast as we can and in the process of building the bar... got my bad ass polyester in the mail finally.. DO NOT FORGET!!! SATURDAY NIGHT IS THE POLYESTER PARTY... DRESS UP FOR IT OR LOOK LIKE A SQUARE!!!!! got to pick up the rafts tomorrow and the margarita mix... got a liquor store to sell to me by the case so I'm stoked about that... food is taken care of.. we're just about on auto pilot now.. if you can pre-register it would be good.. there is going to be a traffic jam at the gear store in the morning.. I can see it now... we'll have a separate table for VIP inprocessing of those who pre-registered to alieve some of the glut.. sorry for the lack of updates.. I've been swamped like you just don't know...

HOPE TO SEE EVERY SKYDIVER IN THE WORLD AT THE BOOGIE.. this is going to be a hoot!

blue skies,

Tom
[email protected]
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

I had a BLAST! Got to give some BIG MARY HUGS to a bunch of friends I hadn't seen in a looooong while! The food was great and the Polyester Party, was well, INTERESTING. :S And I just have to say jumpin out of dat CASA is just DABOMB! WOOHOO!

A very fun time and a fun place to jump! I'll be back ack ack ack!!! B|

"It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities." - A. Dumbledore

Brett! Thanks for organizing my first raft dives! I'm still super excited about that second working all the way til break off! WOO HOO! It's a shame there's no video haha! ;)

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

Oh c'mon, Beowulf, you know you liked watching me spank and pants him. :P
I wish more people got the memo about the party...

My feet still hurt from those dang boots. :S

I felt bad about missing it, but feel better knowing there was at least one nearly naked dude there. :D
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.