Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

So, Katie, it's too funny, to me at least, that we sat scrunched together at emerald coast on the plane and I had no idea you were katiebear. Yet another .comer i've met but have not met :P

scrunched together? Does that mean she "Touched Paul"?

And if so - does she owe beer?

Or is that Paul that owes beer?

Does she have to pay a penalty for premature Paul Touching?
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

You are erect and looking for a virus. I think I'll stay far away from you.

You made me choke on my gum. :D
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thantos everyone keeps asking for details on the thursday night poker tourny. We took a few hours to warm up last night at the dz!

Ya, what are the details, is the size going to be capped? What's the buy in?

Any evening cash games?

Nice article in Parachutist there Skymama!

Oh, why thank-you! (Didn't expect to see that in this forum. :$)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

The Trophies should be in Today for the tournament. I already have the Pokerstars shirts and hats.

To make sure this is legal; We will do what we have done at the Dublin Tournaments in the past. 100% of the buy-in will go to a local charity and we will be playing for the Tee shirts and Trophies that have been donated only. I am also hoping to persuade one or two of the Manufacturers that will be there to maybe kick in a little something to the prize pool (in exchange for picking the Charity maybe). I will be working on this soon as I get there tomorrow. The Buy-in at Dublin has always been $20. If it looks like we have enough interest, this will be a Shoot-out format. (Several games with the top Finishers from each making the Final Table.)

Do you guys have a good Poker table there or other suitable place to play? I was planning on bringing my tables but I now have a couple extra people wanting to ride with me. Not room in the Van for the tables and them. Going to have to leave one or the other behind or just make my Brother ride on top of the Van (Which really isn’t that bad of an idea anyway).

Thantos,
we usually play on some card tables. They are just the rectangular type. But, I think there will be more interest then tables. (at least I hope so). I have another round table at my trailer that we can use as well.

We usually play in the hanger.
There are two sets of chips at the dz.

I pretty much think we can pull off anything with some planning.

We will only need one table. I would much rather try to Run several single table qualifiers than to try to Run Multi-Table Madness. MUCH easier to keep things moving smoothly only dealing with a max of 10 players at a time.
Games will be played by TDA Rules and we will use a Tex`s TEARs Blind structure.

I will have sign up sheets available Thursday Morning. (Morning for me means sometime after 10:00am BTW). I will cut off registration after 30 people. (3 ten person Qualifiers with the final 3 from each game making the final Table).

The Official Tournament (for the Trophies) is Thursday at 9:30 PM. I will NOT be running game Friday night or Saturday Night, Too much other stuff going on.

I will try to Strap either the Poker Table or James and Clay to the top of the Van.

So, Katie, it's too funny, to me at least, that we sat scrunched together at emerald coast on the plane and I had no idea you were katiebear. Yet another .comer i've met but have not met :P

scrunched together? Does that mean she "Touched Paul"?

And if so - does she owe beer?

Or is that Paul that owes beer?

Does she have to pay a penalty for premature Paul Touching?

She did touch me, but given the circumstances she was most definitely given at least a temporary pass for such access. As I'm not one to play the beer game, unless a beer line is crossed she does not owe beer.

I would appreciate you not using the p word and my name in the same sentence:ph34r::ph34r:
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Why on earth have I waited so long to stop and visit here? Now there is this massive boogie, with tons of people I haven't seen in far too long and I am not there. Anyone want to run and pick me up and zip me over for the weekend? I'll be your best friend. ;)

Have fun, get a little crazy, be safe!

Dreams become reality, one choice at a time...

For those still wondering what the SCR`s are go here for the history. One of Skydivings Oldest Traditions.. Doesnt matter if you have 25 jumps or 25000 jumps.. Get your SCR.

I hope to manifest for an SCR load in about 5 hours. Loading the van (aka Rollin-Luv-Ma-sheen) now. I hope the heavies are ready!

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Damn, this thread got big since last time I checked it.

I want to make a Skyfest/Rodriguez video (for shits and giggles). So if any of you are camera flying and don't mind donating some of your "favorite" footage (after you video it of course) that would be down right awesome of you.

(I can't camera fly yet, as I only have 100 jumps and no money to buy that cookie camera helmet), but I do have a camera so I'm going to get as much as I can on the ground this weekend.

Pete mentioned being able to use the firewire cable to attach the cameras somehow so someone can record parts of their tape to my minidv. Not sure how that would work, but I'm going to bring a bunch of blank DVDs so we could always just burn the footage to that.

If you do donate anything out of the awesomeness of your heart, first off you rock and I will put you in the credits at the end. :D

Just in case you're wondering who I am. I wear a red jumpsuit with yellow sleeves. Yea, it was a bad color decision, shaduuupp. Just ask for Chris these guys know who I am. :$

Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan