Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

I don't do paypal. Why am I not signed up??!!

OK, this is pissing me off. I filled out the registration many, many weeks ago. I've made all kinds of reservations, and you are telling me that I'm nobody because I don't do freaking Paypal??!!

Your reservations are probably ok, but registration requires payment. So what that means is, when you get there and you are ready to pay the boogie fee, then we will ask that you fill out the quick and easy survey manually. We just spent 2 hours balancing the books with the survey to the paypal. This is the first year that I had the survey tied in with collecting money online. Saves me a ton of time after the event manually entering the data into excel. FYI I have been doing a survey since I started SF and it is one of the main reasons we have 24 manufacturers attending. They know I can tell them that 33% are A & B license holders, PD is the favorite at 52% but 21% are still undecided on what they will purchase. 39% of you wear Lg T's oh and the Med went up by 6% this year.

So to answer your question, no you are not nobody, you are now somebody that needs to stop by the SF tent and say hello (after you pay your registration) LOL

:)
See you soon

J

Thanks ;) You do only have one star though. Now how could you earn more stars:):);):P

Just because you give her stars doesn't mean she gets to use them! :o:ph34r::D

Whoa whoa whoa, don't get ahead of yourself, she has a star, one, uno. :P

Don't worry, I wouldn't want to break my record.:ph34r:
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Whoa whoa whoa, don't get ahead of yourself, she has a star, one, uno. :P

Don't worry, I wouldn't want to break my record.:ph34r:

I wasn't getting ahead of myself, just making sure you weren't.:):D

Are we still on for leaving friday morning?
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Hey guys! Not to whine or beg but...

I actually can no longer drive down as planned and so I booked a last minute flight. I will be flying in to Charlotte airport on June 1st and wondered if anyone would be awesome enough to give me a lift.

Not only do you get the pleasure of meeting yours truly, but I'll make it worth your time one way or another.

There is a local shuttle company that can get you to the airport to your hotel / DZ - no problem at all.

I will post the info tomorrow when I can get back to my office.
Don't Miss CarolinaFest 2012!
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
May 29 - June 3, 2012

Or . . . . This one . . .:D

I really didn't need to see/hear that, now I'll be singing that in my sleep! Damn you Turtle.

Oddly enough the song "Strangers in the night"... comes to mind

ok now that is just wrong. :o besides we're leaving when its DAYLIGHT. :D
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

I don't do paypal. Why am I not signed up??!!

OK, this is pissing me off. I filled out the registration many, many weeks ago. I've made all kinds of reservations, and you are telling me that I'm nobody because I don't do freaking Paypal??!!

Your reservations are probably ok, but registration requires payment. So what that means is, when you get there and you are ready to pay the boogie fee, then we will ask that you fill out the quick and easy survey manually. We just spent 2 hours balancing the books with the survey to the paypal. This is the first year that I had the survey tied in with collecting money online. Saves me a ton of time after the event manually entering the data into excel. FYI I have been doing a survey since I started SF and it is one of the main reasons we have 24 manufacturers attending. They know I can tell them that 33% are A & B license holders, PD is the favorite at 52% but 21% are still undecided on what they will purchase. 39% of you wear Lg T's oh and the Med went up by 6% this year.

So to answer your question, no you are not nobody, you are now somebody that needs to stop by the SF tent and say hello (after you pay your registration) LOL

See you soon

J

I was, and still am, perfectly happy to pay my registration in advance. Just not via Paypal. I understand the purpose of the survey.
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

Yeah I can understand the the paypal, you are not the first that does not prefer it. For us, under the circumstances it was the best choice, next year may be different.

Are you still in Tx? Have we met? I believe we have, probably when I was in Houston for SunPath.

See you soon and thanks for coming out.

J

There is a local shuttle company that can get you to the airport to your hotel / DZ - no problem at all.

I will post the info tomorrow when I can get back to my office.

Hey James, please email me a copy of that when you do, I will add it to the site, this will come up quite a bit.

Also send me the schedule of all the dinner and entertainment you have added. Nice job by the way!!

J

Transportation for SkyFest will be run by the Carolinas Cab Company.
Fees charged are based on 1 - 6 people (better if you can share obviously) Contact information for pickups from the airport or DZ to your hotels etc is:

Carolinas Cab Company
803 324 8819 or Toll Free: 866 488 5438

The minivans are new and in good condition.

The hotels located in Richburg, SC are all comparable, however, I'd recommend the Comfort Inn or the Rodeway Inn. They seem to be the most consistent. The disadvantage there is that there are limited food options. If you stay in Rock Hill, SC (25 minutes from the DZ) there are LOTS of food options and movie theatres etc.

Comfort Inn - Richburg, SC 803 789-7100
Rodeway Inn - Richburg, SC 803) 789-7770

Wingate Inn - Rock Hill (mention SkyFest) (803) 324-9000
Microtel Inn - Rock Hill (803) 817-7700
Don't Miss CarolinaFest 2012!
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
May 29 - June 3, 2012

Hmmm, what's the deal with catered food? I read somewhere that dinners were provided each night and outback was catering on saturday night, but is that included in the registration, or seperate?
Also, do we need to plan on providing our own breakfast/lunch? OR a) if provided will that be included in price or b) will it be available for purchase?

I'm trying to hash out the last minute details here to stock up for the 6 day trip :)

-I need to find a big woman and stick with her. They know where the food is ;)

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

72 pkgs of Ramen noodles will do ya'. The DZ has a microwave.
:D:D

Beef for breakfast
Oriental for lunch
Chicken for dinner.
Pot luck for snacks.

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Jay will you please start plannig next yrs skyfest around my teacher break, last yr texas was to hot, this year you did it before my summer break so next yr how about somewhere in the northeast say in july ----> oh yea, and tell those southerners to cross the mason dixon line, let them know they wont get frost bite in july ;-)

i am still trying to put something together to come down, i would have to deal with being completely flat broke for about 6 days COMPLETELY flat broke, but hey i took a vow of poverty when i entered this sport and i have had no regrets so far even after living on ramon for weeks

blue skies!!!!
billy

are there balloon spots still open

Jay will you please start plannig next yrs skyfest around my teacher break, last yr texas was to hot, this year you did it before my summer break so next yr how about somewhere in the northeast say in july ----> oh yea, and tell those southerners to cross the mason dixon line, let them know they wont get frost bite in july ;-)

i am still trying to put something together to come down, i would have to deal with being completely flat broke for about 6 days COMPLETELY flat broke, but hey i took a vow of poverty when i entered this sport an

d i have had no regrets so far even after living on ramon for weeks

blue skies!!!!
billy

are there balloon spots still open

my guess would be later in June next year, but what do I know? Broke? what are you talking about, hell Im still trying to recover from that great deal i made you on your rig!!! LOL good to hear from you, now head down 95 and dont stop till the 3rd of june LOL

No slots are full, but check again at the event, things with hot air change rapidly LOL

I wish someone with more computer skils would brimg the list up to date

At this point, it may be easier just to list who won't be there. ;)

One quick announcement:
The shoes will be at Skyfest. :)
Perhaps we can find someone stu... errr brave enough to jump them. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Ok I have been wanting to share some things with everyone lately, but just havent had the freakn time, thanks to everyone. LOL Which is partially why I want to mention a few things, this may bounce around a bit but I am really trying to get out of here and on the road. So here goes.

I have to say that the last 3-4 weeks has been quite amazing, never in the 8 year history have I felt this amount of energy for SkyFest prior too. We have had some pretty amazing years and what I am getting now is jaw dropping, like Team Future's routines I saw the other day. WOW!

SF has been consistent for 6 years with 33% of attendees being A & B license holders which is usually over 100! According to the pre reg survey it is rising, which BTW this years pre reg was also the highest its ever been.

This move to SC and and working with an individual like James has really given myself a new drive and really has me anxious to see what Tuesday will look like.
I have spent the last 2.5 days gathering, organizing, cussing, and sweating till late in the night trying to get everything stuffed around my banana. LOL, the 7' stuffed one that will make his 10th jump in his 4th state next week. But at about 2am this morning I believe I have done it. I just need my suitcase and myself and off I go to SC.

So, whats it gonna be folks, how many will register?

James has picked up an unbelievable amount of tasks and created some fantastic results. So please do me a favor, find James, shake his hand, give em a him, whatever he has time for and thank him.
Make sure you come by the SF booth and introduce yourself (some of you can stay away;)) and get acquainted with that stranger across from you, chances are they are new to skydiving and are probably getting pretty tired of standing around looking like one, and again (some of you stay away).

Please be safe, lets keep SF's safety record as it is, and I will see you all very soon!
Thank you for your support, we'll leave the light on for you, you know, that little red one!:P;)