Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

Is anyone leaving Atlanta late Thursday evening or first thing Friday morning?
I can ride (ie your car) there with someone to split gas, (It will be just me and no equipment other that what I need for a 3-4 hour ride) but coming back with Mic and the camper.
As a last resort I will drive but I would prefer not to.

Dave
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

Hey Everyone!

I hope you all are all ready:S when is this thing? July oh good I have time then:o

We have added a Latest Update page on the site, go check it out, and the items in the gear auction, this is the best ever!! There must be something in the air in the S. E. people keep offering up some great items.

USPA will be there too, Ed Scott and others are coming down for a visit. Lets all grab a beer and play nice;)

We officially opened the event up a day earlier!! Tuesday June 3rd will be the kick off, of course we will be flying on Monday as well.

Go register online today, it will be closing soon. So save your self some time by going to the site now!

thanks
J

Today, I was reminded how great the skydiving community is.... a new free load has been sponsored by an anonymous donor who is naming a load in memory of Bob Holler. This particular load will be exclusive for A licensed skydivers only....appropriate, classy and in memory of a great man. This is going to be a great time of skydiving. Let's not forget those we have lost and ensure that we are all safe during SkyFest.

See everyone in 27 days!
Don't Miss CarolinaFest 2012!
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
May 29 - June 3, 2012

Today, I was reminded how great the skydiving community is.... a new free load has been sponsored by an anonymous donor who is naming a load in memory of Bob Holler. This particular load will be exclusive for A licensed skydivers only....appropriate, classy and in memory of a great man. This is going to be a great time of skydiving. Let's not forget those we have lost and ensure that we are all safe during SkyFest.

See everyone in 27 days!

A license only? How about a spotter?;);) Hey lets make it a 20 way A license world record attempt!!
Now wouldnt that be cool!! Umm but i bet we cant get any video volunteers for that lol!!:P

A license only? How about a spotter?

I was going to say something, but I didn't want to be a downer. :ph34r:

The thought is great but I think someone with a little more experience should be on the load.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

A license only? How about a spotter?

I was going to say something, but I didn't want to be a downer. :ph34r:

The thought is great but I think someone with a little more experience should be on the load.

I had to give james a hard time on that one. Actually the way it will work is the 22 people must be A licensed for slots donated by this individual, they dont have to be on the same load, you just have to be a newbie to get the tickets.

But, I like the idea of an all student load (except for a spotter and exit assistance). Might be cool to feel the anxiety of 21 newbies in one airplane. Bet you could feel it just like when you complete a 100 way or something.

I don't think the spotting should be a problem as I recall it is a requirement on your A card.

However exit seperation, that is a whole other story. Seems everything is all worked out though.

I have an A, do I qualify. Never mind I also have a B:P

Skymama's #2 stalker -

How much are the jump tickets going to be?

Chris

Dont you think that is like asking me what slot machine is going to jackpot????:P

No the fuel prices have already bumped them up, they will still be cheaper than their regular price, atleast that is the plan for now. I believe the last price i got was 24.00

Hey Chris you saw that USPA will be there..Mr Ed Scott and more.

Ok ok.....Someone has to sacrifice not paying for a jump and I'll..........................I'll do it. I'll spot the load!!
No no don't try to deter me, I'm taking one for the young jumpers. :)

LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

James - that is great, as a loyal staff member I'll buy a slot and use my A-5643 to go and have fun

Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

See everyone in 27 days!

Okay, here's a newbie question as I've never been to SkyFest before. How does the whole free jump thing work? Do you manifest and then someone pops up and says "surprise, free jump!"?

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

How safe is keeping possessions in tents at boogies? This will be my first and I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to keep my camera and cell phone and pdas and all that good stuff in my car rather then leaving it in my tent the whole time. Any input? Thanks!

Skyfest 2005 I caught 2 guys about to steal my rig out of my truck. One was the lookout, and the other was just about to open the door......the lookout guy sucked. These were experienced skydivers and I even saw them again in 2006.[:/];):|

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

See everyone in 27 days!

Okay, here's a newbie question as I've never been to SkyFest before. How does the whole free jump thing work? Do you manifest and then someone pops up and says "surprise, free jump!"?

- David

Free jumps start on Thursday, we will announce the start time on Wed and Thurs morning. You will bring your packed rig up to manifest when manifesting. It will be first come first serve. The second round of free jumps will start at 8am Sunday, he he!!!

The newbie load will work a bit different, we will probably hand out a special ticket so you can manifest for any load. I will verify this with james but that makes the most sense to me. We will announce when you can come and do the requirements for the load.

What an awesome opportunity for many, over 300 free skydives to give away with more to come.

Hey folks check out the gear auction list, it is still growing!!

See everyone in 27 days!

A license only? How about a spotter?;);) Hey lets make it a 20 way A license world record attempt!!
Now wouldnt that be cool!! Umm but i bet we cant get any video volunteers for that lol!!:P

I ain't skeered!:|
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

I don't think the spotting should be a problem as I recall it is a requirement on your A card.

Now that is the funniest thing I have read all year.

it was intended to be funny, so thanks!!!
At the same time though, I know I spotted loads while having an A, and I remember them going just fine. It's those loads i spotted later on that well didn't exactly make it allll the way back ;-)
Skymama's #2 stalker -

You meant no reflection on Skyfest, I'm sure.

Maybe you could put out the names so we'll ALL know who to look out for?

Funny how I hear about the stories 3 years later. We did catch the bastard that stole my Javelin demo rig last year. Freakin idiot let his gf jump it at the DZ he stole it from. Both are newbies. It had the bright orange Vigil canopy in it. He claimed he bought it from a guy at a 7-11!
He tried to color it with a magic marker, he even colored the javelin odyssey logo on both sides thinking that was not normal to be on the rig. He took a lighter to the embroidery on the cutaway handle as well. Idiot!!
He is no longer in the sport...Yee haa

You meant no reflection on Skyfest, I'm sure.

Maybe you could put out the names so we'll ALL know who to look out for?

Nothing to do with skyfest, only lame skydivers! I have no idea who they were, but I did see them again in 06 and warned a few people.[:/]:)

"Some call it heavenly in it's brilliance,
others mean and rueful of the western dream"

Now that is the funniest thing I have read all year.

Yes I agree, the requirement for A license spotting is to carry extra batteries for the GPS:P

I'll spot. I know I'll get back :P
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

wow 400 posts, about this event....:o

maybe I'd better put it on my schedule... and ATTEND.....;):)

Gasoline prices be DAMNED......job responsibilities be damned.....Family obligations be Damned...[:/]...B|;):)
i'm gettin' on the road..:ph34r:

can i arrive a few days early????

jimmytavino
a 3914
d 12122
4stack 930
POPS 3935
:)