Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

One of the biggest things that I hear from new people is, "I don't want to go to boogies because I don't know anyone to jump with."

There was a bunch of organizers running around gathering up people.

There was a bunch of free skydives given out every morning.

How much better can it get than that?
B|

There was a bunch of organizers running around gathering up people.

There was a bunch of free skydives given out every morning.

How much better can it get than that?
B|

It can't get any better. I made 18 jumps at the boogie. On each one there was at least one person (usually more) that I had never jumped with before. 10 of those jumps were with the organizers that were there offering their services.
I got on 5 of those free loads:)
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

E.G., The Hellfish, and the Muff Brothers sponsored a free load together, so I wanted to put together a group for that.

However, organizing skydivers is like herding cats with a stick. :D

Oh, NOOOO . . . it is such a rewarding experiance. I reccomend it to anyone.
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

E.G., The Hellfish, and the Muff Brothers sponsored a free load together, so I wanted to put together a group for that.

However, organizing skydivers is like herding cats with a stick. :D

Unfortunatlly the organizing at lesser boogies just isn't the same as it was at skyfest.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Damned cats.
>:(

Thanks to Turtle and Brad for giving me time to restore my sanity.
:)

People don't understand that the process had 3 well planned stages.

First, Jay spent hours discussing what Skyfest was supposed to be.
Second, people to make that happen.
Third, zillions of minions to support those people.

Planning, implementation. The event organizer is always under-appreciated when things function well.

For every load organizer, there were 3 people helping them. That made life easier.

Just for everyone's information, one of the photographers from Freefall Photo (Quincy Kennedy) took about 600 photographs at SkyFest. They are all posted at http://www.freefallphoto.net/freefallphoto.net/EVENTS_/EVENTS_.html

Other pictures are being assembled there as well. If you have pics, PM me and I would be happy to post them there as a gathering point for all that happened during SkyFest.

Can't say enough about how much fun we had!
Don't Miss CarolinaFest 2012!
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
May 29 - June 3, 2012

Just for everyone's information, one of the photographers from Freefall Photo (Quincy Kennedy) took about 600 photographs at SkyFest. They are all posted at http://www.freefallphoto.net/freefallphoto.net/EVENTS_/EVENTS_.html

I only get the header and then a blank page.

Is this a MSIE-only page?

Loads up fine with Safari
--
Andy Ussach
Team Dirty Sanchez Ex-Vice President #38
Explosivo Rodriguez #1385, Muff Brother #3503, "Woody" Hellfish #646

ok then, a poem for DangerRoo

this one was written by that Prolific poet,, Anonymous.........

A Flea and a Fly in a Flue:|
Were imprisoned, so what could they do ?[:/]
Said the Fly, "Let's Flee"!B|
Said the Flea, "Let's Fly" !:o:D
So they flew through a flaw in the flue...B|;):):ph34r::D

jmy

:):D

TAHNK YOU!!!

;)
(I.C.D#2 VP)
""I'm good with my purple penis straw" ~sky mama

..and 1 tree landing. Stand up and be counted, Broke!
:D:D

17 SCR maggots on their knees. 4 chicken shits with "excuses" not.
:D:D:P

Didn't you know his new name thanks to J is Woody. I think he needs to get it changed on here. ;)

The best part is that just the day before he was telling me, "This landing area is so big that if you miss it you shouldn't be skydiving." :D:D:D:D

..and 1 tree landing. Stand up and be counted, Broke!
:D:D

17 SCR maggots on their knees. 4 chicken shits with "excuses" not.
:D:D:P

You can get my when I go to the Farm ok
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

The mindset and premise of the boogie is to Pay it Skyward. Meaning giving free jumps, coaching, organizing to younger jumpers. Teach them what you know.
I hope people continue to focus on that and not just on the word FREE
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

Only YOU are supposed to control the canopy..
The canopy is NOT supposed to control YOU...:S:o:P;)B|:)

exactly, micduran..B|
Free... as in sharing,,, helping. mentoring..contributing...

the major benefits to others,,, far outweigh the costs to oneself,,,, of doing any of the above...

jmy
nscr 1817

The mindset and premise of the boogie is to Pay it Skyward. Meaning giving free jumps, coaching, organizing to younger jumpers. Teach them what you know.
I hope people continue to focus on that and not just on the word FREE

So I have been home now 3 days since SF and I spent half the night compiling more data from the survey's and hope to release it soon. After 8 years of pretty much building the same event that I envisioned originally in 2000, I still get excited about the stats every year.

More to come, and thanks everyone for supporting and giving me a strong sense of "real" appreciation from the attendees. That means everything to me.

On a side note and FYI, the hardest thing about this event is "converting" most (not all) of the "old timers" to just make one or two jumps with the newbies so they get that "loving feeling" back. Once they do, the whole thing comes together. They continue to get deeper and deeper into giving back (or just , as we all do, being center stage of experience) thus the Paying it Skyward becomes unstoppable.

THANK YOU ALL

Free... as in sharing,,, helping. mentoring..contributing...

the major benefits to others,,, far outweigh the costs to oneself,,,, of doing any of the above...

jmy
nscr 1817

Agreed. Can't wait to come back.
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

It's been my second year working with the SkyFest team and it was just as good as the first. :D he he

The atmosphere irreplaceable, it's a super busy, super fast week and I love it. You get to meet incredible people, jumpers, manufacturers, there's an abundance of information and people want to share it

Thanks Turtle for getting me a stellar team for my second SCR attempt, Sue W for the awesome pointers and Sky Dave for saving the day. By the way I ended up searching for my car keys in field after getting dumped with beer. And applause to the folks who switched the women & men shower signs. (am I the only one that noticed)

Got my pink mafia and also got to participate on the pink patch dive (lucky fella gets to jump with all women). Bolas, by the way, you should have taken J's advice, you would have gotten more attention from the ladies with more on than a tuxedo thong. :S

Thanks Derek from Javelin for the usage of that kick ass rig, Skydive Carolina for all the hard work and keeping us all comfortable. Can't for forget my team, Patrick and Andy and anyone else I forgot. [:/]

J, I gotta say, I do thank you for allowing me to be part of the event.

hmmm says the mouse

OK....I bought a new card reader last week so I can get the freaking pictures off my SONY>:(>:( so I can upload them FINALLY from Skyfest...now .. if I could just figure out the E-Mail adresses of the girls.....gggggrrrr that big stanp of Jays realllly does a good job of obliterating names and email addresses that were also written in BLUE ink.

If you made a PMS jump with me at Skyfest Please...PM me your Information so I can submit these finally to Mel and get your numbers for you....

Pretty Please:)