Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

For those who attended SF 06... was it THAT much hotter this year?? I mean, 90-100 degrees is pretty much standard in South Texas anything past May...

................................................................................
YES it did seam hotter/more humid this year

but nothing a pool/pond/watering hole could not have cured

next year how about an blow up pool??
59 YEARS,OVERWEIGHT,BALDIND,X-GRUNT
LAST MIL. JUMP VIET-NAM(QUAN-TRI)
www.dzmemories.com

Uh we tried that... 15 ft diameter....4 ft deep.. it was in the car and all set to deploy.. BUT

THere was not enough water in the well due to the drought and we had someone checking on bringing a tanker truck from the local fire department to fill it.. and THEN there was some mention of liability issues. And the ISSA Memorial pool was returned[:/]

AS far as DIZZY DOT COMMERS go.. I think a Dropzone.Com Banner like we had at other boogies might be a good thing. I dont know about a tent for them.. as it seemed underused at Eloy the last time I was there.

A few years ago at WFFC, they had a pool.
After hours, a person dove into the shallow water head first and drowned. The liability on the pool overrides the value.

A good alternative is one of those "mist tents".
You stand in a cool light mist for a few moments.
In Florida, these are used at outdoor events successfully (like large music venues).

Instead of changing clothes, you can take off gear and stand there without getting soaking wet. Three minutes in the mist tent and back to skydiving.
:)

For those who attended SF 06... was it THAT much hotter this year?? I mean, 90-100 degrees is pretty much standard in South Texas anything past May...

................................................................................
YES it did seam hotter/more humid this year

but nothing a pool/pond/watering hole could not have cured

I disagree... I thought it was a little hotter, but nowhere near as humid.

Had a great time for what little time I could be there. Next year I'll get more time and jumps in. Good to see the old friends again and glad to meet the new ones. :)
Bolas... next time, can ya keep your pants on?:D
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

I don't see any videos. Start editing!! I wanna see some videos. :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mk6zijMwV8

P.S. I didn't realize I looked like I was taking a dump in free fall. :S

Oh yea and here is Andy Ciordia's video slide show. He got some damn nice pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JONT8FSZ8YA&

Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

That reminds me of J`s reaction when I suggested that next year he line up Golf Cart rentals for the Boogie.

How about rickshaws?

:D
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

A few years ago at WFFC, they had a pool.
After hours, a person dove into the shallow water head first and drowned. The liability on the pool overrides the value.

A good alternative is one of those "mist tents".
You stand in a cool light mist for a few moments.
In Florida, these are used at outdoor events successfully (like large music venues).

Instead of changing clothes, you can take off gear and stand there without getting soaking wet. Three minutes in the mist tent and back to skydiving.
:)

Sign your waiver take your chances. Change the waver to include all activities including nonskydiving activities while on the DZ. Take a page from SDC
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

I found out that a bag of ice on my chest and arms wrapped around it worked pretty damn good. B|
And you can take it with you!

Had a great time look forward to next year. Thanks for putting on a great boogie J and James!! and everyone else involved.:)
Dave
LifeshouldNOTbeajourneytothegravewithawellpreservedbody,buttskidinsideways,cigarinone hand,martiniintheother,bodythoroughlyused upandscreaming:"WOO HOO!! What a ride!!!"

At some of the outlaw biker rallies I go to, they always use the Race Track waiver...I can NEVER find the damn race track!!!

It is a total release of liability. Don't like it or make a smart ass comment about it, you don't get in. Never mention out loud the armaments you're carrying either, they will also keep you out.

Like you said, sign your waiver, take your chances.
If only the courts so it so black and white. :S

Like you said, sign your waiver, take your chances.
If only the courts so it so black and white. :S

Excellent. We now have two volunteers to be pool lifeguards. :)
Remember, all the kiddies can't sign waivers.
If there parents are on a plane, we'll need volunteers to watch them in the pool.

Around 1pm, I went to the showers and rinsed off.
It took time to undress, shower, redress.

We need to get as many people as possible, cooled off quickly.

If 400 people show up...
How many people can we get in a 10x20 pool?
How many will get in and not get back out for 3 hours?

However, a 10x20 mist tent can cool off people in 5 minutes, without a change of clothes, between loads.

Convenience, speed, volume, effect.
Solves all problems.

Shh.... trying to get freebies... hehe

If you can afford to go to a boogie, you can afford to pay for professional pictures of yourself. Don't be cheap. :P

Ya, what she said!! Some of my fav pic's that I have hanging my cube wall I bought from Bob. His wife Nan always has a big hug for me when ever she see's me and Bob is just... well he's Bob, stop being cheap and buy some pic's. That gas to get there and carry all his stuff is not free.

Still looking for some pic's of me as I'll probably buy some if/when I find them.

Hot damn, was that an awesome boogie! I had an all around great time, from freeflying to RW to laying around in the shade, not to mention the after hours shenanigans :P (I don't care what anyone says the elvis impersonator made me laugh). My personal thanks to the Brothers Gray and Tony for the wingsuit flocking and of course my own dad for belly organizing.

PS Not to rain on any parades but I've been told the mister idea don't work to well in the Carolina humidity, you just end up hot and damp at the same time. But how bout equipping all the lil ones w/ super soakers and giving them specific insturctions to only spray those asking for it and never around any gear?:)
PPS Ciordia, is there any to way to get a copy of just one ot two photos from your montage?

aka Wag-Tail, ChangoEnLosPantalones Rodriguez, Sonic Skyjew
"Just remember... don't fuck up."
Shake 'n Bake!

PS Not to rain on any parades but I've been told the mister idea don't work to well in the Carolina humidity, you just end up hot and damp at the same time.

Good point.

I was thinking of my experiences with them in Florida.
However, the SC humidity is something to endure.

When I was younger, I worked on bridge construction over a swamp in Florida. We never dried.
SC left me feeling like I had been wiped down with an oil rag.

As far as effectiveness, anybody used a mist tent in SC ?

Had a great time look forward to next year.

Dave

you'll be happy to know that little black cars have been banned for next year ;)
How long did it take to find the owner of that car?

way too long, I was ready to roll it or pick it up and move it for Dave and McD, turns out it was a lady in
Dale's food shack [:/] i guess she is deaf cause I announced it 2-3 times from the regular manifest trailer
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.