Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

It was an unusually hot weekend for that early in the summer, and though the hangar isn't air conditioned, it just felt hotter knowing you couldn't turn on a light......we've had the power company come out to do a study so we can avoid that this year.....I remember calling loads at the top of my lungs....that was fun, but it worked out and everyone had a good time.....

On a side note, I'd like to give a shout out to the great companies who have stepped up to sponsor loads thusfar:

CaroNet
Dilworth Billiards (Home of the Rodriguez Brothers)
Freefall Photo
Gatorz
Mirage
Paraclete XP
Performance Designs
Skydive Carolina
Sunshine Recycling (2 Loads)
UPT Vector

More free loads to come!!! We are striving for 20 Free Otter loads (440 slots!)
Don't Miss CarolinaFest 2012!
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
May 29 - June 3, 2012

Hey read your email... we have to confirm with ISSA and its a go for a US World Cup Event...but we do have to follow the rules Friday to Sun for the meet.. But we could start early each day.

We need to get Stan in on this too.. and we got the most votes of the ISSA Board.. so that will draw a few folks from Europe.:)
I want some REAL competition:ph34r:

Hey read your email... we have to confirm with ISSA and its a go for a US World Cup Event...but we do have to follow the rules Friday to Sun for the meet.. But we could start early each day.

We need to get Stan in on this too.. and we got the most votes of the ISSA Board.. so that will draw a few folks from Europe.:)

My phone is dead, I replied to your email. Holly crap!!!

Lets not get that discussion in this thread, I am sure we can get another thread strictly for a WORLD CUP EVENT. Lets chat tomorrow and get it worked out.

Hey everyone I would like to welcome you to the new and improved:

WSFC - World SkyFest Confederation

;););)

...I want some REAL competition:ph34r:

Good luck. From what I understand, there IS no real competition for you to be had.
:)
Even the Anvil Bros. are in awe.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

We drove down from Wisconsin and Illinois, so the lack of electricity was not a problem for us. I did feel sorry for Packin'Cathys kids who were still packing at 10 PM with no electricity, just the lights from cars to help them. Man that was a hot day. Kept the plane running tho, I think it was 42 loads that day.

I was thinking about that yesterday. I figured they had to have made at least fifteen hundred dollars that weekend. They were machines, packing non stop. Impressive.

Just read James post. Paraclete XP is sponsoring a load. Nice. I wonder if any of those guys at the tunnel will be coming down for the boogie.

Let'em off work Kirk! :P
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Here's your competition!

Think you can beat her? :)http://www.vidzest.com/media/328/A_Peregrine_Falcon_is_Faster_than_a_Fucking_Jet/
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Uh .. yup.. I have gone faster than that;) many many times...heck I was getting into the 260's and 270's down there at Skydive Atlanta at the Halloween thingie:)
I have gone over 300 MPH in training...

My pal besterson in an official competition is only 230.90 MPH back in 2005 at the last World Cup I went to

BUT ...I have top say how cool would that to be.. to be able to get to fly with her.

I have been under canopy and sprialled around following hawks before. And we have friggin eagles at our DZ up on the Skagit River Delta.. that have chased our collapsed pilot chutes behind the canopy on moe than one occasion:D

I am really hoping one does not do anything to the canopy if it does catch the pilot chute[:/]

Hey where is the contact info for those wishing to do some of the larger stuff?

Had not really thought about doing a sigh up on that, figured it would work itself out at the event.

We do need some up jumpers for the SCR jumps early in the week, we will have one for that. I know you want to help there.

Hey did you see this?? I think they are pretty cool

http://www.skyfestboogie.com/content/view/28/36/

I'm still not positive that I have the time off from work yet to be able to go. However, I'm afraid of waiting to long to sign up for stuff (such as SCR etc.) Is there anyway I can sign up and then pull out if I end up not being able to go? Or would it be too much of a hassle for you?

I'm still not positive that I have the time off from work yet to be able to go. However, I'm afraid of waiting to long to sign up for stuff (such as SCR etc.) Is there anyway I can sign up and then pull out if I end up not being able to go? Or would it be too much of a hassle for you?

No, no problem especially since we dont have a SCR sign up yet.....

No really go ahead and sign up for anything you want to do. Not a problem. Just be there!!

:)

I'll do my best. Where do I go to sign up for stuff? I looked on the site and it doesn't look like the sign up page is working yet.

Dont know what you are talking about we have 5 sign up pages active. No SCR's yet though

http://www.skyfestboogie.com/content/view/7/3/

Ben and I have been working on this damn site till weeee hours in the morning daily. ;)

J

J, hon, you know that a 100 way, a women's record and any other record you plan is going to need to be organized AHEAD OF TIME

Also never heard anythign back from sigining up for a RV slot. Do I need to reregister?

--
Hot Mama
At least you know where you stand even if it is in a pile of shit.

J, hon, you know that a 100 way, a women's record and any other record you plan is going to need to be organized AHEAD OF TIME

Also never heard anythign back from sigining up for a RV slot. Do I need to reregister?

The 100 way is BJ Worth and Roger Ponce, sign up for that is on Skydive Carolina. Its not a SF "event" per say.
I just put the schedule up so the times can be seen by all. The womens record (24 way currently i believe) will have an organizer. Just waiting on an email from her. when the 100 ways break up on Saturday our thoughts are that we will have the ladies for the pink patch 20 ways and those also become practice jumps for the Womens record.

I have to be honest., this is going to depend greatly on jumpers working the schedule with us. Which is part of what makes SF so unique but this years has a few new challenges. Especially with us becoming an official World Cup Event for Speed Skydiving.

Still waiting on the results from the power company which we expected last week. If all else fails we will offer generators for rent.