Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

Ok sane one, have at it. Show me how to interrupt a payment process, ask questions, store and configure data, create graphs, dump into excell, then complete payment. All while asking paypal to do it?????

If you really want a setup to do that for next year, just drop me a line.

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

A sane man would have set it up like this:

Click Paypal button
Fill out paypal info
Survey comes up and must be filled in before paypal goes through.

Paypal info correct? Yes
Survey completed Yes
Process payment and log survey.

I told you...I have IDEAS!

Wanna hear some more?

If you really want a setup to do that for next year, just drop me a line.

- David

OK guys, I didn't hear too much website advice any of those other times I've been down to The Farm. That's right, I know who you are and you didn't know it was me that was doing www.SkyFestBoogie.com.

The whole story is that this is a CMS that allows the website to be able to grow. It's also set up so that J can make updates when he needs to and doesn't have to rely on someone elses time scale. It works pretty damn well and offers a lot.

I know there's other solutions out there, but if you aren't going to be on call and on the phone with J for an hour or two a night trying to figure out what he wants, be careful about offering up your website help!;)

J, you're kickin ass and it's not your fault skydivers can't read!:S
Ben Lee
www.CollegeSkydiving.com

You think I'm the only person who's going to fill out the questionnaire and then not have my credit card handy and not send the pay pal right away? :):P

I did the same thing.:);):P
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I know there's other solutions out there, but if you aren't going to be on call and on the phone with J for an hour or two a night trying to figure out what he wants, be careful about offering up your website help!;)

What??!!!!! I figured out what I wanted? Nope wasn't me, had to be an impostor:P:S:)
Hey everyone, I am very happy with the site and what it can do. Ben has busted his ass on this thing and he and I have many cell hours invested.

I realize there are always other ways to do things or how it can be done.
We knew that however we laid it out, something or someone could and would buck with the system.
Not a big deal, it will all work out iin the end..
I am just happy to have that damn survey in a system that I don't have to manually enter the data into excel like I have for the last 7 years.....

So just go to the site fill it out and pay:o:o:)
I guess I figured that when skydivers see the word registration they automatically think money.

All is well and again thanks to all for your support.

J

:D:D:D

Such fun to see yellow jackets in your bonnet.

OK here comes the razz...you assumed skydivers could follow directions....you may have heard the expression, "herding cats".
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I agree, you guys are both kicking ass! But the problem is that there weren't instructions TO read. If there had been I wouldn't have filled out the form and then not paid. I love to read. :D I looked for instructions before I started the questionnaire as to how the payment was going to work (can I send in a check? Will it be PayPal?) before I started. But finding none, I proceeded with the questionnaire and figured it would tell me after how to pay. Sooooooo........maybe just add line or two at the top of the registration page stating that after you finish the questionnaire you'll be required to pay via PayPal? And give the option of mailing in your registration to the DZ (if you want to make that a publicly available option and not just a special option for me :))? Just my $0.02 on how to avoid headaches like me and Micalicious messing with your system. :P

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

That can work. I'll check with J because I'm not sure that paying by check for registration is open to everyone (I know he would be wise to not take one from me;)).

I can make a note that the payment online is done through PayPal and to expect that. Would that help everyone here?

Ben Lee
www.CollegeSkydiving.com

OK here comes the razz...you assumed skydivers could follow directions....you may have heard the expression, "herding cats".

Yeah, I've started to notice that idiot proofing things really just makes for bigger idiots. :P My friends tell me I'm one too, so I guess that's something we can all drink to!
Ben Lee
www.CollegeSkydiving.com

I agree, you guys are both kicking ass! But the problem is that there weren't instructions TO read. If there had been I wouldn't have filled out the form and then not paid. I love to read. :D I looked for instructions before I started the questionnaire as to how the payment was going to work (can I send in a check? Will it be PayPal?) before I started. But finding none, I proceeded with the questionnaire and figured it would tell me after how to pay. Sooooooo........maybe just add line or two at the top of the registration page stating that after you finish the questionnaire you'll be required to pay via PayPal? And give the option of mailing in your registration to the DZ (if you want to make that a publicly available option and not just a special option for me :))? Just my $0.02 on how to avoid headaches like me and Micalicious messing with your system. :P

bebblee

That can work. I'll check with J because I'm not sure that paying by check for registration is open to everyone (I know he would be wise to not take one from me).

Paypal does accept checks, already have a payment accepted from them. Paypal does not realease the funds until the check has cleared on their side first. So they send a message that if they are buying a product not to ship until the funds are recieved in the sellers account. Checks are fine with me, we will just have to adjust our cutoff date when we turn it off because they take longer to clear. Dont want jumpers held back at the event because of electronic transfers.

Ben lets add that payment is done thru paypal where we added instructions yesterday please. And you might note that checks can be accepted thru paypal. Excepts laura's LOL:P:P she wants to go direct to the DZ, but Im happy, I get a hug!!!:)I dont think we should publicly allow checks to be mailed, to many possibilities of things getting screwed up, you know depending on others and how that goes. LOL

BTW has anyone noticed? We have forced Ben to re-appear on dizzy.com, boy, will he regret that!!!!

Thanks all
J

Yay!!! I'm special! :D

Sorry to cause you such heartburn. I guess I was partially confused because of the sign-up for the balloon jumps. I did that a while ago, but I thought for that we were supposed to mail payments to the DZ? Or could I have paid with paypal for that too? Anyway, I don't really care, just glad I can help! :):D:P

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I notice you did not include "wingsuits" as one of the choices for preferred discipline. I am pretty sure there will be several there.

You will be happy to know that we have added WS to the survey (please dont go check if you have already done the survey).

The survey has always been on paper so room was an issue so that is why it wasnt on there. Oh and that I forgot to put it on 7 years ago;).

Anyway thanks for catching that, all is groovy now!

You will be happy to know that we have added WS to the survey (please dont go check if you have already done the survey).

I would have put SPEED SKYDIVING if it had been there:)

You people are killing me!!! Just shoot me now!!

Thats it, I want a Amazon hug!! Aiming for new heights!;)

Spence could appreciate this from the Dublin'07 thread...

So. What do I get for my registration fee?

It's a joke, J...only a joke. Chris will explain it to you. It will cease to be funny on the 10th time I ask you that question.

:P

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239