Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

I got you covered, we are turning the heat up tomorrow.

It's all give with the divot:)

No, no, DOWN, divot, I want it turned DOWN.

And why are you posting instead of jumping?

Oh, nevermind... forgot who I was talking to.:D:D
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Make sure to look me up-you're on my list of people that it would be cool to meet

Look you up? Right. Don't have a clue what you look like.

Oh, now thatI think about it, it should be real easy. I'll just look for the guy that isn't jumping. :P

I should be easy to find. Look for the Phoenix-Fly banner and the guy trying to hook people on nylon crack.:)B|
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I got you covered, we are turning the heat up tomorrow.

It's all give with the divot:)

No, no, DOWN, divot, I want it turned DOWN.

And why are you posting instead of jumping?

Oh, nevermind... forgot who I was talking to.:D:D

It'll be cooler at altitude....just spend all your time jumping!! :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Load 1 is up - best idea today I think is to make a few early and then chill out during the middle part of the day and then make a few after 5. Sunset load was beautiful last night with the balloon jumpers in the air as well.B|

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here

Can you do something about the heat before I get there tomorrow?

I'm looking at a 40+ degree swing from Seattle to Chester. I might melt. [:/]:D

Granted, it's just stupid cold here right now.

Amazon just cussed me out, saying tht I brought the Texas heat!! I swear I didnt but Im still an asshole according to her. B|
Ok some updates:
Over 300 registered!!
My Banana is lost, but not without getting a solo ride from Scarlett!! After 10 skydives in three states he has been abandoned in the woods overnight :o

The balloons did 4 drops yesterday and more today.
3 cutaways- all with good endings, well except for the lost PD canopy:S
Ok for all of those who have seen me on the road the last few years, I need to ask you for a favor:
If you happen to meet my mother during the event, please make your conversations with her very quick and please, NO STORIES
:S:S:)
That is all, LOL

Thank you all for supporting this event, things are going very well!! Come join us!

J

Tree landings??????

Do pray tell...

Be on the road at noon tomorrow!!

I hope nothing was broke.

Naaah he: uhh I mean "woody" is fine. Should have seen the next day.;)

We are having a great time, birds are flying, winds are perfect, and these vendors are loaded with products and demo's:

The Brothers Grey Also Reping. for Morpheus & Phoenix Fly
UC-3 Base Rigs
USPA
Tony Suits
Cypres
SkySystems
Mirage
PD
Wings
SkyVenture Colorado
SkyFest Promotions
Liquid Sky
EG Sports
Flexvision Goggles

Not to mention all the LO's, Coaching, and maggots!!B|;)

Youre missing out!

The video looks worse than it is. Remember folks wear gloves, and flare level, and don't reach.

I would say Kitty has lips that are made for a kisspass :$
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

good you're ok bro.
Now don't do that again, mmkay?
B|

and post the video!
:ph34r::ph34r:

When I can figure out how to manually import all sorts of footage I am going to release a worst of video
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

good you're ok bro.
Now don't do that again, mmkay?
B|

and post the video!
:ph34r::ph34r:

When I can figure out how to manually import all sorts of footage I am going to release a worst of video

That makes me glad nobody caught my downwinder in 06....
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I've driven home every night (an hour drive). Thursday, Friday and will Saturday. It's either sleep in my car or a tent. No thanks, too hot. :)
Sucks, but next year if I can't find a camper to rent, I'm not spending more than one day in that heat. It kicked my ass.

Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Right now I'm actually shivering (yes, shivering) in the Econo Lodge because we had the A/C on the ARCTIC TUNDRA setting all night. And it feels niiiiiiiiiiiice.B|

Time to wake up my sleeping boyfriend and get our asses over there for first loads before it gets too farking hot again!:S

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

You know, instead of donating skydives, they need to start donating air conditioned rooms for us to stay in. Seriously. I didn't even try to get on a free load, but a room with AC. I would be all over that.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan

Aight J, I said I was never going to come to Skyfest because I couldn't for the life of me comprehend why anyone in their right mind would want to come to Texas in July (no offense to Texans, of course, it's just that ... weather!!!). But then you went and moved it to South Carolina in early June and it all seemed so promising, so like the weather would be lovely ... maybe a bit warm and humid, but not altogether bad.

But WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT????? :D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously, man, no regrets, and all the rumors are true - you throw one hell of a boogie (but really, you don't have to take the hell part so literally with the heat next time, okay?). I had an amazing time, and I look forward to attending many more Skyfests in the future.B| Great organizers, a heck of a vendor fair, free jumps, record attempts, nightlife... something for everyone! And thanks to our hosts at Skydive Carolina for taking great care of us and keeping us hydrated and cooled off as much as possible. Special thanks to the van drivers for picking us up, even when we only landed 50 yards out!

Also, big kudos to Packin' Cathy and her amazing team - I cannot believe how hard those guys and gals worked to keep us all in the air.

sry about the heat but what I want to know is who came from Arizona and brought the 3 dust devils that we saw today??? have never seen those here is 19 years!!

glad to have met a bunch of DZ.commers - you folks are the best

I got my Amazon hug and my back feels better than it has in years, got to watch her exit the Otter - amazing - she was gone in seconds, congrats on the record

pilots did a great job keeping us seperated in freefall but especially thanks for everyone helping out with canopy flight patterns - great job

special thanks to Ally, Linda, Nancy, Courtney, Summer, Julie, Cathy, Annette, James, Danny and everyone else I left out that kept things running
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Just wanted to say thanks again for all your hard work putting this thing together. Just got home and I'm already making plans to come down again next year. Hopefully I can find a camper with AC. ;)

Everytime I try to count all the things I did for the first time I lose count.

Thank you so much to all to helped put this together. I had an absolute blast. :)

- you folks are the best

No, you are the best. ;)
Thanks for the safety briefings for everyone and to the DZ for enforcing the rules. Thanks to the skydivers who followed those rules.

J asked me if I have any criticisms or critiques about the boogie. I thought about that all the way home and honestly I had none.
This was a very safe, very well organized boogie that truly offered something for everyone.
I had some great jumps and learned a LOT from the organizers - thank you Joey Freeman.
I can't wait until next year. And I am SO glad I own an RV with AC.:)
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

And I am SO glad I own an RV with AC.

And had a place to plug it in.B|[:/]:P:D

Other than my minor power issues for the first few days, Skyfest was everything it was supposed to be. Safe, Fun, Friendly and Fuggin HOT!!!

Cant wait for next year.

J.. Please keep Skyfest at Skydive Carolina next year. That was a Great DZ and perfect host for your Event.

There are people who owe you for that. They know who they are. B|B|B|B|
It was fun having the cook's big ass generator 2 feet from my door. His trailer was pretty much attached to my bottom step.
Exiting the camper was more dangerous than exiting the plane.

I agree with Thanatos. Skydive Carolina was a great host dz!

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.