Antigua

SkyFest Family Reunion Boogie- June 4-9, Skydive Carolina, SC

Please be safe, lets keep SF's safety record as it is, and I will see you all very soon!

I saw the SDC plan view of the airport, and that is helpful along with a satellite shot from GoogleMaps.

Is there any information about landing areas (hi-perf separation), patterns, and no-fly zones? If anyone has this information (especially for the amount of air traffic you expect to see at SF) overlaid on a satellite image or other view, it would be greatly appreciated. I'd rather not wait until my first jump in SC to become familiar with the pattern, outs, etc.

Thanks.

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I don't have the landing plan itself but this weekend I got to see Tim Pendalino who helped set up the landing patterns. He put alot of fears to rest in my head. I believe the landing areas are broken down to an area for people with 500 jumps and then an area for swoopers.

I also know they are going to be strict about ABSOLUTLY NO ONE at any time flying through the swooping area. Since there are going to be people there doing 540s and crazy shit like that unless you are swooping you are at no point allowed to even cross the swooping area no matter how high you are.

I was told that everything is going to be a left hand pattern. From my understanding they are going to be very strict about the landing patterns and who lands where.

To me it looked extremely well organized and planned out. My biggest fear was how many people are going to be in the air at once. I come from a dz where the biggest thing we jump out of is a porter. But after talking to Tim I felt must more comfortable. :)

Denete,
If you look inside the triangle all the way to the upper left where runway 17 and the inactive runway connect that is the swooping area. A very simple set of lanes has been cut in the grass.

The main landing area is all the way up near the hanger as you can see the peas. Generally we land students away from there right about where you see the tall grass vs. the cut grass in the main landing area.
This may all change with skyfest but that's how it is now.

I'd like to emphasize that though it appears there will be a big crowd, safety is paramount. Of course safety will be relied upon the individual canopy pilots of all levels, but Tim Petalino has formulated a good plan and I think everyone will see it and understand it. An aerial photo will be given to every skydiver at registration also. Safety briefings will be held each morning beginning on Wednesday of the event at 8:30am by the S&TA. Let's have a fun and safe event!
Don't Miss CarolinaFest 2012!
http://www.carolinafestboogie.com
May 29 - June 3, 2012

I did sign up for the Thurs canopy course but I'm a little worried about it interfering with the Thurs evening balloon jump I bought. Hopefully I'll get the work schedule for the beginning of the week that I want so I can come down early and maybe switch to the Wed canopy course so that I have no worries. Just have to wait till the morning to get my schedule and see. Keep your fingers crossed. :)

What are the chances of getting video/pictures of jumps? I have absolutly NO pictures of videos of me except for when I did my first tandem 6 years ago. I would love to get as much video/freefall pics as possible. :)

We do have this guy, some of you may of heard of him; Tony Hathaway he might be able to handle it as well.

And of course our famous turtle!

Tony did my AFF level 1 jump he was awesome
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Not to sound like an ass, but:
My father (who had more tact than I) would let people know how to get a free pack job. Just break the rules. (he ) would walk out to the landing area to you, and immediately start stuffing your main in a black trash bag, walk you to your car and buckle you in. enjoy your pack job and see you next weekend, hopefully with a new bag.

While I may not be able to get away with what and how Jerry would handle it, I can promise you, there is no tolerance. None. Please understand this.

I want to hear your jump stories, not witness your last jump.

Lets have a kick ass and safe time!

J

Didn't I answer all your questions?

One more!

How far to the beer store?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

In walking distance, your car!B| Hell I dont know, I have driving all day from Tx, will hit Al in the morning, of course I am looking for the liquor store filled with
I am sure we will find out soon
J

Didn't I answer all your questions?

One more!

How far to the beer store?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

In walking distance, your car!B| Hell I dont know, I have driving all day from Tx, will hit Al in the morning, of course I am looking for the liquor store filled with
I am sure we will find out soon

Drive safe & watch out for the idiots!!
See ya soon & thanks for all the work!!
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

I don't have the landing plan itself but this weekend I got to see Tim Pendalino who helped set up the landing patterns. He put alot of fears to rest in my head. I believe the landing areas are broken down to an area for people with 500 jumps and then an area for swoopers.

I also know they are going to be strict about ABSOLUTLY NO ONE at any time flying through the swooping area. Since there are going to be people there doing 540s and crazy shit like that unless you are swooping you are at no point allowed to even cross the swooping area no matter how high you are.

I was told that everything is going to be a left hand pattern. From my understanding they are going to be very strict about the landing patterns and who lands where.

To me it looked extremely well organized and planned out. My biggest fear was how many people are going to be in the air at once. I come from a dz where the biggest thing we jump out of is a porter. But after talking to Tim I felt must more comfortable. :)

Glad to hear that - it makes me feel much better about jumping at the boogie (I usually avoid boogies).

Blues!
Performance Designs Factory Team

Just got next weeks schedule. Looks like I'll be down there sometime Wednesday afternoon. Depending on how tired I am (since I'll be leaving at 7am after working the midnight shift and it's an 8 to 9 hour drive for me) I may or may not start jumping right away.

Even if I don't start jumping immediately I'm sure I'll be able to find something to do. After all, there's a whole list of dz.commers that I gotta meet. :)

Glad to hear that - it makes me feel much better about jumping at the boogie (I usually avoid boogies).

Blues!

Tell the truth Ian, you are a boogie snob, too good for boogies, don't want to waste your time.
Glad to see you are coming around.

I'm totally kidding by the way :ph34r::ph34r:
I couldn't resist.
Skymama's #2 stalker -

Blues!

Tell the truth Ian, you are a boogie snob, too good for boogies, don't want to waste your time.
Glad to see you are coming around.

I'm totally kidding by the way :ph34r::ph34r:
I couldn't resist.

:D
Performance Designs Factory Team

I'm totally kidding by the way

That's not what you told me.

:)

Ok - I'll agree with you Your Hotness.

That is NOT what he said. . .
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

It's really neat being here at the dz already and watching things come together. Thanks in advance to the dzo - danny smith, the manager - james, and the skyfest boogie extraordinaire - j for pulling this together. It will surely be an awesome event. I can't wait to see old friends again and to make some new ones. B|

See everyone in a few days...:)

Katie
Get your PMS glass necklace here