allenw3658

Wisconsin: Where to get my Class A?

So I'm going to get my Class A this summer and there are two drop zones that I'm considering. Skydive Midwest and Skydive Milwaukee. Both of which are pretty much the same distance from my house. I was wondering if anyone had any input. Both places have very good reviews. Thanks for your time.

Take the time to go to each DZ on a sunny Sat or Sun. Talk to the staff about their student/A license program, and everything that's involved. Spend some time hanging out and watching the operation, to see how things are run.

Collect your info/impressions, and compare the two. One or the other will look or feel like a better choice for you. Once you have your A license, go make some jumps at the other place, just to see what it's like.

I've been to both. They are both pretty nice places. Good people, not just tandem mills.

Where are you?
Southern Wi has a couple other smaller places too.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Hi Allen,

I've done quite a few jumps at both places. Both are great dropzones, but I like the vibe (current people, planes, etc) at Midwest better so I'm there most weekends.

I do recommend hanging around each place and seeing which one feels more comfy to you. Soon that place will be your second home! Definitely do some jumps at both places once you have your license though.

Blue skies!

Hi Allen

Midwest has really great facilities and an awesome atmosphere. They have a two planes (Otter and a 182) so you can get experience from both. Highly recommended!
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

DocPop

Hi Allen

Midwest has really great facilities and an awesome atmosphere. They have a two planes (Otter and a 182) so you can get experience from both. Highly recommended!

I think it's fair to say all the same things about Sky Knights (Skydive Milwaukee) as well. We have a PAC and a 182, have a great student training program, etc etc.

Asking this question in public on a forum is like asking what's better coke or pepsi. You're just gonna get all the opinions from the people that have choosen one or the other for some reason - which might not be the reason that they are telling you online.

I could do my best to drag midwest through the mud or try and talk up why the dropzone that I jump at is "better" even though for all intents and purposes a lot of things are very similar at the two.

But that's pointless. Come check out both places and see what we both have to offer.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I had the opportunity to visit Skydive Midwest last summer and was very impressed:)) But I had a great time in the 3 days that I was there and really felt at home!

Haven't been to Skydive Milwaukee though, so my opinion is extremely biased..

I did drive to Skydive Chicago on my way back home and spent a few hours there. I was extremely intimidated by the huge facility but it's absolutely awesome as well. Didn't get a chance to stay long enough to meet anyone though!

Either way, no matter where you go you'll have the best times of your life!

Enjoy:)

"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing than a long life spent in a miserable way." -Alan Watts

Fast

I could do my best to drag midwest through the mud ...

Why would you want to do that?

I didn't say anything bad about Sky Knights.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

DocPop

I could do my best to drag midwest through the mud ...

Hold on... the popcorn isn't popped yet. Give me a couple seconds to get a good seat..... OK.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

DocPop

I could do my best to drag midwest through the mud [or try and talk up why the dropzone that I jump at is "better" even though for all intents and purposes a lot of things are very similar at the two. ]

Fast also

But that's pointless. Come check out both places and see what we both have to offer.

~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Sky_doggy

Hold on... the popcorn isn't popped yet. Give me a couple seconds to get a good seat..... OK.

Hang on, give me a sec, I need to put my Pop corn in the microwave as well ;)

DocPop corn? ;)

~ CanuckInUSA

I have not visited Midwest yet, but, they're on my "to do" list. I will say that one of my favorite DZ's to visit includes Sky Knights. Great People, great location, great DZ.

There are other DZ's in Wisconsin as well. visit a few and make your own decision. :)

Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."