nyc_jumper

Where to jump by NYC

Hello!

I've recently moved to NYC. I am looking for a dropzone that is somewhat close by. I googled, and found a lot of them about an hour or two hours away. Does anyone have a recommendation for one? And are any of them open this time of year?

Thank you
nyc_jumper

Try WhereToJump.com

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

I've recently moved to NYC. I am looking for a dropzone that is somewhat close by.

The four dropzones surrounding New York City (1h30-2h drive) are:
- The Ranch
- Sky's the Limit
- Skydive Long Island
- Crosskeys

My personal preference is on the first two. We organize rides from the city to the DZs on this mailing list: http://skyflyers.org/wws/subscribe/nyc

By the way, there's a big skydiver dinner coming up this Saturday in lower Manhattan @ Nelson Blue (Jan 19th 2008; details at http://nelsonblue.com/index.php/2008/01/15/this-sat-the-19th-skydivers-take-over-nelson-blue/; Nelson Blue is located at http://tinyurl.com/2gp2nq).
All the (cool) NYC skydivers will be there B|

David-

skydive long island will open on good weekends (call) and
the Ranch also (call ahead). Cross keys ..not a good choice

What's wrong with Cross Keys? I've been jumping there for years, and while we had a rough season with planes last year, Cross Keys is still a great dz. Lots of fun jumpers - freeflying and RW. Oh, and I'm there, and I'm pretty awesome.

A little further out is CPI friendly place good fun. Low pressure.

Gardner/New Paltz area is the Ranch. Laid back people are easy to talk to. Manifest is never to busy to help you find someone.

Cross Keys. A little more of a hustle and bussle than the two above DZ's but they have a wide assortment of a/c.

STL I haven't jumped there yet so I can't say anything about them.

SDLI It is getting better
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

If you are in NYC, you can make it out to Skydive Long Island in an hour...There are tons of funjumpers/staff that carpool from the 5 boroughs to SDLI every weekend....

If you want chill people and 30 loads on turbines every Sat and Sun, come to SDLI. They have a fulltime Grand Caravan, new king air coming, 10,000ft runway, and I think the largest landing area in the country...Can't beat that...Plus the views...On a good day you can see the mountains in Conn/Mass, both forks, and the NYC skyline!!!

Anyone know if the Ranch has a landing pattern yet?

If you are in NYC, you can make it out to Skydive Long Island in an hour...There are tons of funjumpers/staff that carpool from the 5 boroughs to SDLI every weekend....

If you want chill people and 30 loads on turbines every Sat and Sun, come to SDLI. They have a fulltime Grand Caravan, new king air coming, 10,000ft runway, and I think the largest landing area in the country...Can't beat that...Plus the views...On a good day you can see the mountains in Conn/Mass, both forks, and the NYC skyline!!!

Anyone know if the Ranch has a landing pattern yet?

also the most expensive jump ticket of the 4 big dz's

cant say anything bad about SDLI as ive always had a great time when i go there..people are nice..good times..but goddam there tix are expensive..thats why i dont go as often as i used to...

the ranch has the cheapest ticket to 14,000
$20..
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

The Ranch is the place to go for turbine loads. In the summer they fly 2, and sometimes on big weekends, 3 otters. The airport is private, free camping on the DZ, bonfire and beer. Most of the people are friendly and fun, yes, even Tom Rose and the Beast.
"Remember the First Commandment: Don't Fuck Up!"
-Crusty Old Pete

The Ranch is the place to go for turbine loads. In the summer they fly 2, and sometimes on big weekends, 3 otters. The airport is private, free camping on the DZ, bonfire and beer. Most of the people are friendly and fun, yes, even Tom Rose and the Beast.

co-signed...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead