Pawnmower

New Maryland dropzone needs your support!

Long story... we have been working with the airport and unfortunately things don't progress as fast as we would like them. We have made some great strides to open and it seems we are very close to coming to an agreement on our lease and facilities, etc...

Our website is being finished at this time, so please keep an eye out for updates this week. I expect we will have some good news very soon!

Thanks,
Brent
www.skydivebaltimore.com

I wouldn't count on jumping there any time soon.
Last i've heard is "pawnmower" has been calling just about every airport in Maryland (even ones that already have DZ's) trying to get a slot. Seems that it takes more than a myspace page to actually start a DZ (I would think you might want to start with having a firm lease at an airport, then make a cute myspace page with a bunch of false claimes!) What a joke!
Good luck!

Derm

Why the negativity? What do you gain from spreading uninformed rumors?

Sorry to disappoint you, but thats 100% FACT. No "uninformed rumors" here, sorry.
I'm all for a new DZ anywhere (especially in the MD the tandem factory capitol lol).
Just letting everyone know the facts!!

Good luck to all involved! (sincerely)

:)

Ya might want to check the classifieds on here where the gear is listed for sale and a note stating that it's from a DZ that never got off the ground, so I would say that means no DZ for you!

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/classifieds/detail_page.cgi?ID=62325;d=1
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

The owner and OP is working his ass off to try and find a location after the one he was going to go to fell through, there is always hope things can work out for this new DZ. I'm sure they would still like your support and best wishes.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Sorry I jumped on ya. I just really REALLY wanted this to happen. I just bought a house in Baltimore and was stoked to be able to jump locally and not have to drive up to NJ anymore. (gas + tolls = $$$$) fingers crossed that it still comes together in the end. Brent and Flora are simply amazing people and they have such huge plans for their DZ. It's unfortunate that they are facing so many obstacles.

PMS #165 Swooo #613 CSA #687

I am going to finish tweaking the website soon and letting everyone know what the status is. We have been working very hard at making this happen and I have to thank everyone for their encouragement and support.

My name is Brent Kluge (pawnmower on here). I started the idea of Skydive Baltimore along with Flora Uragallo my fiance and business partner. We of course started talking about things long before we were able to open, which any good business would, in order to test the waters. After finding such a large response, we started on our quest to make this happen and have been working almost daily to make this come to fruition.

We were told many times, "If you do "this", we would be good to go and start operations"... Our negotiations started with no facilities, expanded into many facilities and then back to no facilities without a long term lease and triple the projected rent. Long story and I will detail things on the website later. The bottom line is we have just about exhausted any and all patience with getting a dropzone going at Harford County Aldino Airport.

We did sense some issues about a month ago and started calling about for a plan "B". Seems that this "jumperintheair" doesn't agree with this as a sensible tactic and would like to make an issue of it. My calling around and talking to people has really shown me that there is indeed a need for having a dropzone in our area and we are committed to making it happen. We have met with an discussed various situations with local existing DZ's to operate as a quasi-club until such time that we can get an airport to operate at full time. We do currently have a place that we have an agreement to operate freely and have struck a deal to do our tandems and students the entire season, with promise of possible future developments (more news to come).

So once again, thank you all for your support and words of encouragement. We will continue to forge ahead and make strides to bring skydiving to Maryland. Any and all future help is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks,

Brent Kluge

ps. Jumperintheair... My name is Brent Kluge. You can find me anytime. I would like to know your real name. Hiding from your couch typing trash on here is fun when you don't post your real name. Seems there is no Mike McDemirt listed in the USPA records and certainly not having a "D" license. Your negativity and strange take on things only lend itself to logically ask, "what is your motivation?". I would guess you are an owner or staff at another dropzone somewhere, that doesn't want us to succeed. So, armchair shitslinger, I welcome discussing your problems with me whilst you stand in front of me and perhaps give me your real name.... its much better then going through life being an :

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OXRBELZpKak

We have struck a deal with two local dropzones for us to bring our students there and introduce them to the skies: Skydive Delmarva, in Laurel DE., and The Skydiving Place, in Kingsdale, PA. Both places are existing dropzones that have been in operation for quite some time and we are very thankful for their welcoming us and allowing us to operate at their places.

I'm pretty new to skydiving and am not familiar with the club concept. What exactly does this mean w/ regard to the 2 dropzones mentioned? How does this work? Thanks, I'm just curious. Good luck to all involved. :)