nanobyte

Best skydiving location right now

Money may not be an issue, but jump numbers may be. Given that you probably don't have a license yet, and that you are probably renting gear, before you have your heart set on any particular drop done, call or email them to be sure they A) have rental gear you can use (shouldn't be a problem almost every DZ has student gear) and B) make sure they will allow you to jump without forcing you to jump with their staff coaches or instructors. charging you more. I know of at least one drop zone and possibly two right now in Florida that would not let you skydive there. Enjoy your holiday, just do your research before making plans so that you are not disappointed when you arrive.

Hi nano,

The city of Campinas in Brazil has the best dz in South America, IMO. 2nd to Campinas is the dz in Boituva, Brazil.

I have no contact info. You might try the www.pia.com website and see what you find; or maybe the dz locator on this site. :o

JerryBaumchen

PS) Disclaimer: it has been about 13 yrs since I was on the dz in Campinas.

I made my first licensed jump in New Zealand a few months ago. The drop zone was gorgeous and I traveled the 2 island for 17 days and didn't see even 1/10 of what there is. Gorgeous place and amazing vibe, Skydive Abel Tasman. A few hours south you can hike a glacier... AMAZING!!! And if the weather is good- which being summer there it should be- you can skydive over the glacier as well( rain forest and beach visible on the same jump!)

I did my whole trip, airfare from Phoenix, lodging, food, transportation, and something $50-$100 every few days(glacier hike, skydiving, kayaking etc) for under $2,000. Easily could have done it for $1,500 without so many 'activities'.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all who wander are lost.

Thanks for your replies. My gf and I decided to go to Australia, because it is in the southern hemisphere and extremely hot there right now, and we need the temperature (and we speak English and no Spanish or Portuguese).

All of the USA is on the northern hemisphere and most parts are either rather cold, rainy or cloudy. Also, I hate being descriminated against when going through customs there.

Also, we hate rain and want blue skies, all the time. NZ seems rather rainy and cloudy at the moment.

So my question is: What is the BEST dropzone in Australia, if I want to do multiple jumps a day, every day of the week, in perfect weather condition, where they have rental gear and fair prices?

I know I am asking for a lot, but please help me out here, friends. My job is extremely stressing me right now and I don"t have the time to do all the research atm...

Thanks! Highly appreciated!

Thanks for your replies. My gf and I decided to go to Australia, because it is in the southern hemisphere and extremely hot there right now, and we need the temperature (and we speak English and no Spanish or Portuguese).

All of the USA is on the northern hemisphere and most parts are either rather cold, rainy or cloudy. Also, I hate being descriminated against when going through customs there.

Also, we hate rain and want blue skies, all the time. NZ seems rather rainy and cloudy at the moment.

So my question is: What is the BEST dropzone in Australia, if I want to do multiple jumps a day, every day of the week, in perfect weather condition, where they have rental gear and fair prices?

I know I am asking for a lot, but please help me out here, friends. My job is extremely stressing me right now and I don"t have the time to do all the research atm...

Sydney Skydivers
Aircraft: Skyvan, XL, Beaver
Cost of jumps: Aus$40.00 or buy 10 for $320.00
Xmas Boggie: 25th Dec to around 2nd Jan but you can jump there every day this time of year
closest City is Sydney. DZ is 40 mins south of city
hope this helps
also check out website i posted earlierB|

Thanks for the input :) Money is *NOT* an issue. What are some of the more exotic locations?

Does anyone know any good locations specifically? It would be from now (Decembre) until Februrary...

You can't get more exotic than Perris, CA ! The weather's good most of the time all winter long, they've got a fleet of turbos - and a DC-9. Not to mention the wind tunnel. Plus, Elsinore's just 15 miles over the hills, so you can go check them out too. Downtown Perris is perhaps a little too exotic, unless you're packing a firearm after dark. But you're midway between LA and San Diego and not far from the So Cal coast, so there's lots of off-DZ adventures to be had as well.

Plus, fuel and lift prices in the US are considerably less than anywhere else in the world. At least that's what a lot of visiting skydivers from around the world tell me.

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !