NWFlyer

USPA General Membership Meeting and Board Meeting, Orlando, FL February 8-10, 2008

http://www.uspa.org/news/notices.htm

USPA Board Plans Winter Meeting

The Winter 2008 Board of Director’s meeting will be held February 8-10, 2008, at the Orlando Metropolitan Resort. The General Membership Meeting will be at 7 p.m. on Friday, February 8, at the same location. E-mail or call USPA Headquarters at (540) 604-9740 for more information. Click here for hotel information or call (407) 345-0505.

There's been a lot of talk on DZ.com about recent decisions the USPA has made. This is the chance for the membership to tell the Board what they think ... in person.

So who is going? Anyone going to try to put topics on the agenda? (Let's not use this thread to discuss the issues, but to list off who will be representing the membership at this meeting). I'm keeping an eye on airfares but I suspect that it may not fit into this year's budget given $500+ fares and no availability on frequent flyer miles at the moment.

But I'm sure there are many others who are planning to go ... let's start a list!
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Heck, it's just down the road for me. If my son's soccer team doesn't make it to the Region Finals that are also that night, I can go.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

OK, I'm taking a day off work, spending a bunch of FF miles, and making a weekend out of it. If I can come from Seattle surely others can drag their asses down. Mmm warm sunny weekend in February.

lauraliscious
NWFlyer
Skymama (if her son's soccer team sucks ;))

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Sounds like a good Road trip to me. I'm going to try and get as much info from people at my DZ who have been Cheated or negatively affected by Skyride and thrill planet.. Is there going to be any kind of open forum where members can address the BOD directly???

Sounds like a good Road trip to me. I'm going to try and get as much info from people at my DZ who have been Cheated or negatively affected by Skyride and thrill planet.. Is there going to be any kind of open forum where members can address the BOD directly???

I don't know exactly how they work - maybe someone who has been to a meeting can give more detail. According to the site there's a general membership meeting on Friday night, and the board meets over the rest of the weekend. I would assume that the general membership portion would be the opportunity for members who are not also on the board to be heard, but I don't really know.

OK, I'm taking a day off work, spending a bunch of FF miles, and making a weekend out of it. If I can come from Seattle surely others can drag their asses down. Mmm warm sunny weekend in February.

lauraliscious
NWFlyer
Skymama (if her son's soccer team sucks ;))
Chaoskitty
Airwhore

Airwhore
Chaoskitty
lauraliscious
NWFlyer
Skymama ?
Thanatos340

Excellent! I've requested information on the agenda for the meeting and will post it once it is available.

I took off the sucky soccer team thing and just put a "?" since it keeps getting copied. Bad juju! :ph34r:

Sorry. Of course we want your son's team to do well... but we also want you at the meeting!!!

Will there be beer there? If there's beer, I will be willing to get off of I-4 on my drive home from work that night. Actually...if there is beer there, I would be willing to get off of I-4 every night.

Airwhore
Chaoskitty
CSpenceFLY
Carbonezone (Tami)
flyhi
lauraliscious
NWFlyer
Rick
Skymama ?
Thanatos340

PS Anyone in town that weekend who wants to get something together (a dropzone.com way?), let me know. Deland, Lake Wales, ZHills... you pick 'em.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

I heard back from Ed Scott re: agenda. Here's what he said:

An agenda has not yet been set for USPA's general membership meeting. If you would like to suggest an agenda item, please forward it to USPA's secretary, Sherry Butcher at [email protected], with a cc to USPA's president, Glenn Bangs at [email protected].

Ed Scott
USPA

(Since both of those email addresses are on the USPA web site, I feel that it's okay to share the content of the email here).

No problemo I'll buy the beer.

Let me know what time you're leaving so I won't be on the road at the same time as you drunks. :P
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I don't know exactly how they work - maybe someone who has been to a meeting can give more detail. According to the site there's a general membership meeting on Friday night, and the board meets over the rest of the weekend. I would assume that the general membership portion would be the opportunity for members who are not also on the board to be heard, but I don't really know.

here is the minutes for 2007. all the other years look about the same...tony

https://www.uspa.org/contact/BODminutes/GMM_2007_Minutes.pdf

usually lasts 1 minute then an informal discussion...