Marios

Nightlife around Empuria

So I will be there for the Xmas boogie from the 22nd of December until the 2nd of Jnuary.
I am taking this trip by myself.
I was wondering if anybody can give me some info about the nightlife around the dz.
Are there restaurants, bars, clubs? Are they expensive? Are there any parties at the dz bar? Do you need a car to get around? Is there any public transportation? Anything will be helpful.

Hope to meet some of you there.

Thanks

nightlife :
-at the DZ.. for a moment (during Xmas boogie, depends on the evening, but usually a couple of animated evenings)
-very close (walking distance back and forth, 300m from DZ) The Blue Sky Bar, was the trendy place at least last winter and easter
-quite close (walking distance to go, longer to come back, approx 10-15 minutes outbound, 30 minutes inbound) "traditional" skydiver places, Captain's Cabin pub, Orange Kiwi, Surf Inn, these are bars where the affluence depends on "where it is trendy to go" at the time being.
-restaurants : a crapload of them from the DZ till seaside, generally quite cheap
-clubs : normal clubs, couple of them between 500m till seaside. Clubs with ladies you have to pay for a good moment : a couple of them too, not far from the DZ either, or a lots closer to Figueres or the french border (Lady DAllas). You will need transportation to go there.
No real need for a car, most people around are skydivers at that period of the year, hitchiking easier in winter with "only skydivers" than in summer with them goddam tourists.
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Thanks for all the info. I owe you a beer.
I don't want to pay for ladies. I am going to find them there for free;)

there's no such thing as a free lady.

And remember, the ones that cost you less are the ones you pay cash :D
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Regarding accom at the Xmas boogie here at Empuriabrava, a lot of the hotels get booked up and are full come late Dec, If you want a room better book fast!!

If you gonna be here early there is a big party on the 22nd organised by Bruno Brokken. Also a BIG party on the 23rd at the Blue Sky bar, er then a BIG party on the 24th here at DZ, then a BIG party on the ;25th.....you get the idea ;)

Regan, find me on facebook. Search groups for ''Regan's Group'' B|

--------------------------------------