LisaH987

Everglades Boogie

There will be Balloon jumps for experienced skydivers. The price will be $125 for skydivers and $175 for observers with a $10 charge for anyone paying with a credit card (we are not making any $ off of the balloon jumps so we have to at least cover any credit card charges). They are trying to bring out 4 balloons knowing that there may be only one or two runs with winter winds and want to accommodate as many people as possible. The balloon is first come first serve. We are going to have a blast!!!

dam it dam it dam it!!!! Now I have a bad cold and cough, so even if I hit the lottery, I still may not be able to jump! I've jumped with a cold in the past...... not gonna do that again.... again.....
We'll see, I have to go get my rig this weekend before they decide to charge me rent or claim it!

>:(

Goggles and Teeth

"You fall like a greased safe!!!"

dam it dam it dam it!!!! Now I have a bad cold and cough, so even if I hit the lottery, I still may not be able to jump! I've jumped with a cold in the past...... not gonna do that again.... again.....
We'll see, I have to go get my rig this weekend before they decide to charge me rent or claim it!

>:(

Sudafed... clears the sinus'... ;)
I'll be there Friday morning thru Sunday afternoon...
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

Good music, good food, good beer (if it's free it's good, right?), good jumps and good times.. what more could a person ask for?
Awesome job Lisa, Rick and the rest of the staff at AirAdventures!

This was a really good boogie. Looking forward to it next year. But you guys really need to add a packing tent for boogies.

The current hanger had 1/3rd set aside for tandems, 1/3rd for packers and the last third just wasn't enough for everyone else. I had people tripping over my lines constantly.

Good day...

I had people tripping over my lines constantly.

Yeah ... That hangar was PACKED! I was jumping over lots of lines ;-)

Awesome turn-out and all that, I have never seen such a big event at SD AA.

Skyvan, UH-1 Huey, 3 Otters, Balloons ... Even if you did not jump - Aerobatics (in an Extra 300 or, for the really daring, an L-39 jet)!

Something for eveyone, good food, people, and beer too...
Fly High ... Don't "Get High"!

WOW .... what a fun and well run boogie, Lisa and Rick did a great job, and the staff and volunteers were a bunch of busy bees ;)

I look forward to next year, or maybe a mid year boogie.

If you missed the boogie ... sorry for you :P

I got a chance to speak with Rick Saturday night during the festivities... as this is my home DZ I was curious if he expected such a turn out... he was very pleasantly surprised to see so many people there! For myself, I was more than happy to see so many people "out in the cane fields". You can be sure they'll be better prepared (if that's possible) for the next one.
All in all the entire staff did a fantastic job keeping things running smoothly. A big thanks slo goes out to all who attended for a great job of being safe, there were no injuries that I'm aware of.
And a BIG hug and thanks to Peggy who kept the hungry masses fed, she was out there cooking from before dawn to well past dark!

Thank you everyone who attended the Everglades Boogie, jumpers and vendors, we were amazed at the turnout. We never imagined so many people would attend our first event, over 300 registrants and over 250 tandems. We learned a lot from this one and expect our future Boogies to be even better. The response from all of you has been heart warming. My staff , Rick and myself appreciate all of the encouragement, we look forward to bringing you even more aircraft and events to choose from next winter. Harry Parker has some pictures and a video of the Boogie posted to his website at www.theharryparker.com take a peek.;) We will keep everyone informed on the beach event in the works for April.