bbarnhouse

2007 Dropzone.com/Skydive Arizona Holiday Boogie

December 21- January 1, 2008
Registration: $30.00 includes tee-shirt, wiener roast/bonfire, organizing, seminars, vendor fair, goody bags, New Years Eve party...BEER and loads of other fun things!
Lift tickets: $ 17.50
Balloon jumps: $75.00 sign up outside of manifest. AM lifts are at 7:30; PM lifts 4:30 weather permitting. We can send as many as 3 balloons both AM and PM.
Lodging: Contact [email protected] for team trailers or bunkhouse
Onsite Motel: www.skyriderinn.com
SkyVenture Arizona: Dropzone.com members may book tunnel time directly with me via PM and receive a special rate on all increments. Payment will need to be made prior to flight in the manifest office at Skydive Arizona. SkyVenture Arizona cancellation policy will be adhered to, so please make sure that you are going to fly prior to contacting me:)
Load Organizers:
Staff of the Arizona Training Center
Arizona Airspeed
Arizona Arsenal
Arizona Divewerkz
Greg Gasson
Omar Alhegelan
Scott Campos

Dec 26th~Airspeed day 1 novice 4 way, 1 int. 4 way and 1 advanced 8 way. 6 jump commitment. You will need to provide me with 6 tickets prior to commencing the jumps with Airspeed. This is first come first serve, please PM me for your slot.

Arizona Divewerkz mentorship during the boogie! Contact: [email protected] for more information.

Arizona Arsenal VRW during the boogie! Contact: [email protected]

Seminars will be posted in the main hangar.

Just a quick note on safety …as we will be flying multiple aircraft no turns over 90 degrees will be allowed on any landing area during this event.
Jumps that include any of the following require prior approval from ground ops. Raft dives, canopy deployment above 3,500 feet; low passes. Wingsuit fliers will need to get a safety briefing at the wingsuit tent prior to manifesting.
Please keep in mind that you may not be granted permission, but we will do the very best we can with special requests.
The entire safety briefing is attached for your convenience.

Happy Everything!
B

If I go will somebody jump with me... :|

Nope. As you can see by Betsy's list, there's no one worth jumping with anyway. But there's plenty of lift capacity for solos. ;)

Does that mean we have a list? I'll add the ones I know of ...

Fozz
HeadLicker
monkycndo
NWFlyer
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

If I go will somebody jump with me... :|

Well geez, If we would have known you three (you, monkycndo and nwflyer) were going to be there than we would have made plans to come........headed to sebastian around the 30th - but we will be in perris in feb if you want to come play with me and doc;)
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

...Just a quick note on safety …as we will be flying multiple aircraft no turns over 90 degrees will be allowed on any landing area during this event.
Jumps that include any of the following require prior approval from ground ops. Raft dives, canopy deployment above 3,500 feet; low passes. Wingsuit fliers will need to get a safety briefing at the wingsuit tent prior to manifesting.
Please keep in mind that you may not be granted permission, but we will do the very best we can with special requests.
The entire safety briefing is attached for your convenience.

YOU ROCK!!!!
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

you can all laugh at the new guy if you want... but I just was wondering if I would be able to attend while still on student status. I have 20 jumps and I am trying to complete my last liscence requirements, but am having issues due to the winter randomly appearing in the Northeast in November. I was realy hoping to attend the PR boogie, but mostlikely wont have the A yet and was hoping that the requirments may be different in AZ.

btw... I know you wont mock me for being new, just tough being the inexperienced one (i know you have all been in my shoes before...);)

It sounds as if you could complete your A in a weekend. If you have ~20 + jumps then the trick is if you just need to get a few more in terms of numbers OR if your card is not very well filled out. If it is the former call some DZ's and see if they can assist and head South. Even with the bad weather you have about a month and a half to get the required few jumps in by the time Eloy rolls around at you home DZ unless they shut down for the winter. That is if your willing to wait out the weather and take some days at the DZ not jumping to get it done.

I don't know the status of training at Eloy but I would guess during a boogie it would be tough to do it unless you were there early and had arranged ahead of time.

Good luck though and keep jumping.

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

You have some life left in the season. Go to cross keys and get it done. I know the weather gods are all conspiring against you as a student, but you have almost two months!! How hard could it be! :ph34r:

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

im heading out from u.k on dec 22nd, goin to perris boogie, but really wanna come and do a jump from a balloon!!

you may be seeing me too!!!!!!

Perris Valley Airport TO Eloy Municipal Airport

SUMMARY
Driving distance: 383.8 miles
Trip duration: 5 hours, 40 minutes
Driving time: 5 hours, 40 minutes

It is only time.. Make the drive O/N and get on the morning balloon jump! And once your there take the day to jump as well!

:P

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

IMO the holiday boogie at Eloy is the wrong place to jump if you've got less than 100 jumps

Even with 100 jumps it can get "sporty" due to all the canopy traffic. When you have that many planes in the air at the same time even if you're not on a bigway, you're landing in bigway type traffic.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Betsy - I noticed that Skydive Arizona is also hosting Collegiate Nationals this year and that event overlaps the final days of the Holiday Boogie.

What is the expected impact of having both events going at the same time, particularly with respect to lift capacity and landing areas? Obviously, having a bunch of college students around can only add to the quality of the evening activities. :D

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

What is the expected impact of having both events going at the same time, particularly with respect to lift capacity and landing areas? Obviously, having a bunch of college students around can only add to the quality of the evening activities.

We hosted collegiates a few years back during the same time frame. Collegiates does not have as many rounds as Nationals. I wouldn't expect to notice much of a change in the way we normally go about business at holiday.
I would however, encourage all the dropzone.commers to come on over and support these young men and women who very well may be the leaders in our sport one day:)