fpritchett64

Skydive Southwest Florida

Hey Guys, I'm planning a move to the Lehigh Acres/Ft Myers area in Florida around December. With that in mind, it looks like Skydive Southwest Florida is going to be my closest DZ, actually went to the dz a few months back when visiting however they were closed on the only day I was going to have a chance to jump due to wind I believe.

Anyway though, I've done a small search on the forums here and found just a little info on them. Just trying to get a little info about them. Do they seem to be a pretty good dz? Is there anyone on here that jumps there regularly that could fill me in a little? I see their aircraft are a c-182 and a caravan during the winter months.
Also, are they in need of another packer on the weekends?

Also, are there any other dz's that may be within an hours drive that may be of interest? I've done a few searches on that as well so I know they're out there, just looking for your opinions

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and blue skies!

I am a regular at Skydive SWFL. I love it. I have been skydiving with them for almost 4 years. They are a very safety oriented dropezone that does not take the fun out skydiving. The dropzone itself is growing into a very nice DZ (soon to have a tiki hut to hang out in) The owners really take care of us. They bleed blue skies ;) We also have some great locals that keep the place up. We camp out there often. They have the extras like firepit, camping, showers and wireless internet. They just cleared out more area for the high performance landings. We have an assortment of jumpers with a range of talent and skill so we all benefit from each other. I am out there every weekend so just ask for John and we'll do some jumping. Shoot me an email if you want to know more.

Hope to see you soon
Blue skies

Weather forecast for tonight: dark

I did all my training and have jumped over 150 times at Skydive Southwest Florida. The owners, Anne-Laure and Roy have done a great job of creating a fantastic dropzone. I can't say enough great things about this place! Everyone there is like my second family. We have a great group of skydivers from Freefliers to RW ranging in age of 18 to 165 ( I think that's how old Mike is:o). Hope to see you out there Fred, we always welcome new skydivers and enjoy watching Skydive Southwest Florida grow!

I jumped with Anne Laure and Roy at Skydive Naples before Skydive Southwest Florida. Anne and I did AFF around the same time. I think very highly of them and respect them. We had a lot of fun down there.

Tell Ann and Roy and Terry Nathan said hello!

B|

I started jumping with anne and roy last year and havent stopped since. I have 300 jumps at skydive SWflorida and there are so many great things to say about them. We have a great group of people out there with lots of room to grow. Hope to see you out there Fred.