mik

Help - Skydiving in Mexico

I am likely to be in Mexico for work in November and may have the weekend of 4/5 November free. I can be in Torreon or Mexico City.

I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know which would be the best for getting to a local dz, how far I would have to travel (not sure whether I will have a car), whether there is a good chance of getting a few jumps etc.

Thanks

I'm NOT totally useless... I can be used as a bad example

Hi, as a mexican skydiver (EX-DZO by the way), I think I can help you.
If you are in Torreon, there is really nothing near. Forget about skydiving. If you are in Mexico City, you will have two DZ to choose from: Skydive Cuautla, which at that time of the year has an Otter and Skydive Tequesquitengo which flies a Dornier 28 or cessna (182 and 180).

Depending on your expectations and experience it would be best to go to one or the other. Both are in the State of Morelos and it will take about a couple of hours to arrive to the DZ from Mexico City.

There is a Bus service to nearby cities, but you will need a taxi or a friend to get there.

Chech both DZ in the "Dropzones" Tab under Mexico and decide.

Both are pretty laid back. I am sure you'll have fun in either one.

Full Planes and Blue Skies Always!

Hi!

I know the DZ in Cuautla, and I can recommend it as well. (And there are beautiful hotels in the region if you feel like it)
Just be careful landing because it is 4500 feet high and sometimes at this time of the year unpredictable and very low turbulence happens...

Hi... the timing of my trip has moved so am now likely to be in Mexico City for the weekend of 8/9 December.

Any advice on which DZ in the Mexico City area to go to if I want to do a few jumps would be appreciated

Thanks

Hi - is anyone from Mexico City going to Skydive Cuautla or Skydive Tequesquitengo this weekend? I will be in Mexico City and would prefer to travel with someone who knows where they are going. I have transport and can give someone a ride, or can split travel costs if anyone is taking their car.

Thanks