usmc03

Florida DZ ?

I was in FL in March and went to Deland and Z-Hills; both great DZs.
you should also check Sebastian!;)
I know there's another one around but I forgot the name:S

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

The closest ones are Sebastian and Titusville (space center).
Zhills and Deland are great dzs but they aren't so close as much as the above two.
In my opinion Sebastian is the best. They run a supper otter, and you have never seen such an amazing view. It's off of I95 on mile marker 153 if i am not mistaken. You can't go wrong with it :)

-Moo :)

You'll be able to get above 10,500 at all of them. Lake Wales is the closest to the Disney area. Sebastian, Z-hills and DeLand are all about the same distance time-wise from that area, you just have to decide which direction you want to go.

If you go to Sebastian, the kids/wife could enjoy the beach while you jump. Depending on their age, Kennedy Space Center is always a great visit. When are you coming? Some of the dz's are still closed 1-2 weekdays until the "season" starts.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

It also depends on what you are looking for in a DZ. Some DZs tend to roll up the sidewalks at sunset. Next month starts the season so if you are looking for night life I would go to Z-Hills. Halloween kicks it off and it's all downhill from there.

Bring your snorkels folks! You don't want to drown in the beer!
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

From the Orlando airport area:

Titusville - 35-40 mins away, C license requirement to jump.
Deland - 40-45 mins away.
Sebastian/ZHills are both about 1 hour 15 mins way

Don't know about Lake Wales, but probably 40-60 min range.

Deland, Sebastian and ZHills are all great DZs.

Don't know about Lake Wales, but probably 40-60 min range.

If you are going to Disney, that is about Exit (mile) 65 on I-4. Go west to Exit 55 (10 miles) and go south on Hwy 27. About 20 miles to Rte 60 in Lake Wales. West 1 mile to the DZ. Hwy 27 is 60ish mph so not a bad trip. Big landing area. Friendly people. Not real crowded yet. Will pick up when it gets cold up north. Call before you go. 40 - 60 min is about right.

I think for Deland you get off aoa Exit 105, about 40 miles from Disney. Another 10 or so to the DZ.

Not as direct to Titusville, but about 45 miles from the heart of Orlando. I-4 to the 408 (toll) to Rte 50.

If you can make it, Sebastian is fun. Nice people, good aircraft, great scenery.

And Z-hills is Z-hills. Big planes, good LO's (Roy and Oren are very good), beer when done, and camping is available. Winds can get funky around the edges, so land in the middle. About ten miles north of Exit 21 on I-4.

I-4 is an easy travel on weekends. It bites the big one during rush hour. Saw a car on it yesterday that did an aileron roll. Actually, half an aileron roll. Backed it up nicely. And if it rains, forget it.

If you go to the tunnel (Exit 75), make reservations. It is south of I-4. North on that exit is Universal. Good place at night for dinner. After 6 or 8 the parking is free and it's a short walk to about eight restaurants. They range from Emeril's to the NASCAR cafe, and everything in between.

Enjoy.
Shit happens. And it usually happens because of physics.

Sebastian is off exit 156 on I-95.

Great place with real friendly people and like the others have said it's got awesome views of the coast and Sebastian Inlet.

My personal experience of the others I've bee too
Z-Hills - Great, friendly like Sebastian and busy during the week too.

Deland busy during the week but I didn't find it as friendly there. Just my opinion.

My place will always be Sebastian.

Don't put off 'till tomorrow what you can do today