Icyhot

DZ near Great Falls,Montana?

Hey I am currently living at Malmstrom AFB next to Great falls right now I am unable to locate a DZ closer than Helena(hour and a half drive) right now. If anyone can tell me where i can find one closer it would be awesome because I will have to buy a car to do my AFF program and to skydive if not. and right now I am already putting away 3/5 of my paycheck for it so if anyone knows of a DZ in Great Falls or really close I would greatly appreciate it!

Lee

There may be another skydiver or two in Great Falls. I think they all travel to Lost Prairie near Kalispell to jump. Call Fred Sands at Marion, Mt. or at Lost Prairie. Possibly you could commute with them. There is also jumping at Ronan, and Hamilton. They too are in the weastern part of the state. There may also be a little jumping going on in the Bozeman area....Cal Jeff Schlabs or possibly Robby Buckles in Bozeman. I don't know why there is no jumping in Great Falls. There has never been a jump club there that I know of. Hope this helps....Steve

Like he said, you are going to have to drive. I live in great falls and the closest one I have gone to, Silvertip Skydivers, is in Hamilton, about 30 miles south of Missoula. Then there is lost prairie in Marion. I am not aware of one in Helena, but I have only been here a couple months.

B Moore

'Turbulence is a bitch'