NlghtJumper

Skydiving in FL

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( [mad mad][ mad]

I use to call Skydive Space Center my home DZ and have never had any problem getting to get a jump in whenever I had the chance, but since I am military and am constantly being sent else where in the world, I have trouble making it home sometimes. I recently called down to make an appointment for a coached jump so I could get current and was surprised to find out that I would not be allowed to jump there due to my experience level.

This has really put me off with the DZ and even though my wife would have no trouble getting a jump in (she is doing a tandem for her first jump) I would be unable to jump on the same load, even if I was current.

What DZ would you suggest that is within reasonable driving distance that can cater to the needs of my wife and I?

A man will do anything for the right woman,
and when that woman destroys him,
that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Dude it's FL. I went to 4 DZ's in one day and jumped at 3. I could have jumped at the 4th if I didn't decide to jump the chopper and then just hang out for a while.

Deland is probably closest. Sebastian is not much further and is on the coast.

Do a DZ search, you'll be absolutely amazed at all the choices. :)

Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I did the search and I also read the reviews. I was just curious which you guys would recommend for someone in my situation

that man will become a hunk of meat with the common sense of a rodeo clown! ~ Christopher Titus

Sebastian is quite lovely, I have nothing against that dz. I picked DeLand because I thought it would be best for the level you are at. The student/newbie landing area is way far away from the 100+ fun-jumper landing area, which makes it safer for everyone. You won't be able to see your wife land, because tandems land in the main landing area, but you'll be able to see her a few minutes later. Besides that, there is a great air-conditioned restaurant/bar which is nice to visit in this heat!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

From jumping at SSC I figured I wouldn't be able to see her land, I would just like to ride up to altitude with her...

Thank you for your suggestion

DeLand should definitely let you jump and will have good rental gear. If you're able to go on a weekday, schedule a tour at PD while you're in town.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

That won't be able to happen this time around... but I will definitely look into it for a future time. I know my wife would love to see it as well as I!

DeLand and Sebastian are within 1.5 hours of Space Center, ZHills is probably about 2-2.5 hours from there. All three of them are great dropzones.

IMO, Sebastian has the nicest view of the three (great for tandems). DeLand has the nicest restaurant/bar with AC and is open every day.

Call all three, explain what you're looking to do and see which sounds the best for you.
Wind Tunnel and Skydiving Coach http://www.ariperelman.com

How uncurrent are you? Do you really have 8 jumps in two years? If so, more than one DZ may want you to step back into AFF.

--------------------------------------------------
the depth of his depravity sickens me.
-- Jerry Falwell, People v. Larry Flynt

the dz's mentioned are all big and good--what u need is lots of personal attention in a low stress enviroment--look at skydive palatka--it's also very close--B|

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

PS: if u only have 8 jumps u need more than a standard coach jump--it's better to be smart than strong! B|

MUFF #3384, DIRTY SANCHEZ #28(Chief Recruiting Officer), FALLING GATOR #7801-A, POPS #10957, FLYING HELLFISH #847, HISPAS #79, SRA #9229, Surfador Rodrigues

the dz's mentioned are all big and good--what u need is lots of personal attention in a low stress enviroment--look at skydive palatka--it's also very close--

*** I don't think I would bring my wife to Palatka, not with all of the obscenely attractive instructors there.

John Wright

World's most beloved skydiver