denete

Skydive Monroe...

Has anyone heard any possibility of Skydive Monroe reopening with a new facility?

I don't know anything about the dz, except that the airport ended the lease.

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Since we now have a bigger bus, we may be able to sell Bill the little one.
:D:D:D

Alternatively, the soccer fields are looking better and better. It'll be a cold day in hell before the briar patches, the jailhouse and the shooting ranges are start looking good, though.

Maybe it's going to be a conglomerate...Bill (DZO) and Gary (equipment owner).
:o:o

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Okay, thanks. There was a skydiving club at the Univ. of Georgia, but it appears that it went inactive not too long after it started. I was interested in seeing if there might be a dz close enough that might already be populated with UGA students who could get the club running again.

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

Nothing against Gary of course, but I think Bill might be through with having partners.:|

Yeah...I don't think Gary would make a very exciting girlfriend.
:D:D:D

...I know Monroe had a big following of jumpers who would love to return. I haven't been there but if they reopen I would check it out for sure.

I'm curious as to just how many would permanently go back. I've talked to about 10 that definitely would. Probably more than a few have found new homes and are sitting on the fence...stay/go back.

Typically, the people make the dropzone, but management practices can have an impact on that.
I would defintely go check out a dz that opened at Monroe. I felt very comfortable there the few months I jumped there prior to it closing. There was a great vibe there that I don't feel at the other 2 DZs in GA. I still don't feel like I have a "home" DZ. :(

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I agree, the people make the DZ. If Monroe re-opened I would definitely go check it out, like Mic said. Not sure how much of a regular I would be though, the Farm has grown on me. Especially when they get that Otter for the winter. ;):)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Typically, the people make the dropzone, but management practices can have an impact on that.
I would defintely go check out a dz that opened at Monroe. I felt very comfortable there the few months I jumped there prior to it closing. There was a great vibe there that I don't feel at the other 2 DZs in GA. I still don't feel like I have a "home" DZ. :(

I loved Skydive Monroe when I regularly showed up 3 or 4 times a year in the late 90's to early 00's. They just had great vibes and I could find high end groups to jump with easily. It was well worth the 2.75 hour drive each way.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I DO love the Farm. And I have drank the water. And nothing has happened to me so far...

So far...

Did you see Erin Brockovich? These things take time to get into the system. ;)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon