denete

Skydive Monroe...

The season is never over at the Farm, I did 100 jumps, most of them there, this past December - March. B|

And John has already been to the Farm with me, at least twice, and so far so good. ;) But I don't think we've actually ever spent the night there. :)

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

How could anyone not love the farm! Just don't drink the water.......>:(:$>:(:|

I DO love the Farm. And I have drank the water. And nothing has happened to me so far...:D:S:P

A good reply would of been becase your fucking ugly but i saw who posted that remark before i typed:D See, i sometimes do think before i post and andrea, u have never been to the farm. You keep chickening out. I think maybe you are afraid to taste the water:D You know you have a few jumps on account already
http://www.skydivethefarm.com

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

awwww, thanks Lee! You are so sweet! :$:)
I've never accused you of not thinking before you post. :P

You should do, done it many a time..Anyways, i am up at the farm this week-end. That tifest is all hype anyays. Will be doing some 4 way and video. hey, call psycho see what he is doing he answers the phone for you i just get to leave messages and get called back when he is runk

do you realize that when you critisize people you dont know over the internet, you become part of a growing society of twats? ARE YOU ONE OF THEM?

You know you have a few jumps on account already

I know, I know...I was all excited that I might be able to use them in between soccer games next weekend when I'm up there, but The Farm isn't very close to Stone Mountain. [:/]
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Its about a 1-2 hour drive depending if you drive like the usual soccer mom. Well, they have an otter all winter Next week-end i will be down in Deland doing video for the 8-way scrambles. Was going to bring the beans i guess not

You should do, done it many a time..Anyways, i am up at the farm this week-end. That tifest is all hype anyays. Will be doing some 4 way and video. hey, call psycho see what he is doing he answers the phone for you i just get to leave messages and get called back when he is runk

Maybe I'll come by the Farm on Sunday. I'm always up for 4-way. Going to sit in on the FJC at SDA Saturday since I'm doing the coaches course next week. Hans said they're not running one this weekend. And $15 jumps are tough to pass up, even if it is all hype. :P I'll call Psycho, but last I heard his shoulder is still messed up and he can't jump. [:/]

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

Somewhat to my surprise, I do have the gear (and plane), but no, I'm not at all interested in partnering (in any way!) with Bill. As for going back if Bill opens up there again, no, I'm not too interested in that, either. Too many issues with Bill as a DZO.

As for those former SDM regulars who still don't feel at home elsewhere, a dropzone is largely what we make it, so be a part of making your new DZ what you want it to be. And there's also the matter of acclimating yourself to what other people have already created. Of course to do these things you have to actually go to the dropzone and preferably make a few jumps, too, so let's see more jumping and less moping!

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Good point, Gary, about getting out of a dropzone what we put into it. I think a lot of the old SDM folks have blended in well at SDA. For me, it might just be an age thing. I don't know.

Laura and Lee, I have it from a reliable source (the man himself) that PsychoBob will not be jumping this weekend. He might, however, be making a visit to a campground in the north GA mountains on Saturday. :)

Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

For me, it might just be an age thing.

Well if the younguns have you feeling old, you're always welcome to hang out with us old folks. Might make both you and us feel younger!

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." - Carl Sagan

Update on Monroe. Apparently it may actually reopen, perhaps as early as May of this year. See the attached article from the Walton Tribune.

I still think Skydive Atlanta in Thomaston is my favorite dropzone, but the drive is a big issue.

I learned to jump at Monroe (during the years after Bill left) and have fond memories of it. I have heard all the stories, but it is so close to my house that I would have to give it a try if it opened.
... Marion

Sounds great! An all-new hangar? Cool! I have fond memories of that DZ from the late 90's through the early 2000's at the boogies and big way attempts. I'd go back and visit again and it's a 2 1/2 hour drive.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

I am new to the Area and live in Athens, I would love for Monroe to Re-open because of the distance to the other DZ's even though I like them both for different reasons. I would be at Monroe every Weekend.
Life doesn't come with a rewind button. Live with no regrets! ~ Ed Bishop

Ok. I hear the rumors and I saw the article in the paper and perhaps I showed up at the wrong airport on Saturday after some jumps at Skydive Atlanta. But, The two times I showed up at the airport in Monroe, it has been locked up like a prison and I can't see any half hangers or any broken ground? Can someone get in touch with me and let me know if I am even going to the right place? I would love to volunteer to help out and be involved as well as be directed to the right place in Monroe. Thanks

It was nice to meet you at the fitz boogie but I think it has changed. It's the only airport I can find in Monroe. The Walton county Airport? http://www.airnav.com/airport/D73 It's solely selfish on my part for not wanting to drive 2.5 hours each way to jump but I am finding myself more exhausted from the drive than jumping all day.

I believe the road going into where the DZ was/is on the west side of the airport. Of the pics I have seen the new hanger is just north of where the old one was.

No need to justify your reason for visiting a new DZ. Go there, jump and if you like it, go back. If anyone gives you any shit for that, tell them to fuck off.

Is it the Walton county airport in Monroe, almost downtown? If not, can anyone tell me how to get there?

yep, it's pretty much near the center of town. You can find it on google earth easily.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

The hangar construction will be completed next week and jumping should start around the 3rd week of May. Aircraft will include a King Air and a 182. The airport has been expanded on both ends, so there is even more landing area than before. The new hangar is four times larger than the old one. Monroe once was the place to be, and soon will be again.;)