kai2k1

MRVS?

Correct me if I'm wrong - but pretty much the entire Midwest shuts down for labor day weekend for Couch Freaks - methinks Tommy wouldn't try to compete with that...... And I too, haven't heard anythng either, but Tommy's a nice guy and he'll talk to you if you give him a ring....
=========Shaun ==========

MRVS used to be my home DZ and I was on staff. MRVS staff normally go to Couch Freaks every year and the DZ shuts down. Tom always told me that these days he trys to stay as far away from skydiving as he can on Labor Day weekend. It's the one weekend he takes off all year. Still, I would call just in case things change.

CDR

Kewl.. thanks for the info all... I totally forgot about couch freaks since i cant go this year.

What kind of aircraft do they have usually? Im trying to plan a weekend trip to make a bunch of jumps..

There's no truer sense of flying than sky diving," Scott Cowan

Tom Dolphin owns the airport and has two cessna 182s. There are NO Farmer McNasties anwhere and plenty of outs as far as you can see - you really have to try very hard to find an obstacle - however, there have been some who have taken that on as a personal challenge.:S;) We have wonderful facilities, (carpeted packing area, camping, showers, etc.) and a great group of people. Come on out and we will get you in the air. And if you're willing, we will get you extremely intoxicated after sunset.

If you are looking for a turbine then Vandalia or Bowling Green would probably be the closest from KC.

"Osh Kosh is NOT a Boogie" - Osh Kosh Security

was just looking to get away for the weekend and experience someplace new :)

Well you could always try Richmond "The" Boogie in Richmond In. OR you could try out the Couch Freaks in Ft. Dodge IA Both are well known boogies and should be a some what short road trip for you.:)
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo