smitty200280

Indiana Skydivers?

On 18 Aug 07, I completed my first jump and now I am ADDICTED. I will be going up again in two weeks. I would go up again next weekend but taking the fiance on a hot air balloon ride. Just wondering if there were any other Skydivers from Indiana in these forums and if so, where is your DZ?

Gods Speed

Welcome to the sky and to DZ.com You will see a few Indiana jumpers on here, gearless chris, cameramonkey, JRprater, and some others too.

As a new person who is digging the sport, I would like to invite you to visit Richmond Indiana over labor day weekend, Aug.31 to Sept. 3 during those days you will see "what it is really all about"you will meet many jumpers from not only your local area, but from all over the world and you'll really have a blast too. You can find out more here-http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2904675;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread or on the website I linked to you. See ya there.;)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Hey there-

I am not from Indiana, but I live there now. I'm at school at IU in Bloomington. I don't know where in the state you reside, but if you are anywhere close to me, meeting up and getting some jumps done would be awesome.

What DZ did you jump at?

Stick with it, as far as I can tell it only gets better.

Ryan

I jumped this past Saturday. i called today and talked with AJ, I really wanted to get my 2nd and 3rd jump in around Labor Day weekend but they are closed for a special event. I agree, it is a really good crew up there. My Air Instructor was Ryan and the Ground Instructor was Todd, both were really great. I agree the view with St James and Crooked Lake were amazing. I couldnt imagine how peaceful it is. I am a Student Pilot also out of Smithfield but Skydiving is so much more fun!!! I am so excited to jump again! Take Care

Mike

I jump at Angola on Fridays and special occasions, and Indiana Skydiving Academy in Goshen on weekends. Angola 's at lot prettier, but both are good. If you fly at Smithfield you might know Russ, he was one of our jump pilots for a while, and one of my favorites.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

i called today and talked with AJ, I really wanted to get my 2nd and 3rd jump in around Labor Day weekend but they are closed for a special event.

That is because AJ and his hoodlums are going to be in Richmond @ Richmond "the" Boogie and this is why I invited you to attend, if you call AJ and ask real nice he might let you attend with his crew. Regardless if you get your hind quarters down here you can make your 2nd and 3rd tandems from a big turbine AC from 13.5 or 14.5.;):)
p.s. your welcome to fly in too.

Does it cost anything to get into the Boogie?

Yes, I think 45.00 there many be a daily rate? You should find all the info on the website or call 1-888-234-jump and get the low down.

I wish I could get two more jumps in by then.

We can try to get you in the air under your current program, in fact if you can work it out with AJ and his crew, to use their rig and they have someone on radio with you, that makes it easier to get you up, we have a 182 to use. The first day is best for any student ops.

Your second chance is to be nice to some of the guys doing tandems there and help them by carrying in the rigs and stuff, brink them a cold drink and sandwich, you could get a few tandems for slots.

I know a few who have done that in the past for those who earn it or are friends of the rig owner, if you check in @ THE RICHMOND LOCALS TENT, I will be happy to try to hook you up with those who I know that MIGHT do that for you.