ZigZagMarquis

Decent Hotel near Perris, CA

The Days Inn close to the Perris DZ will be a Holiday Inn Express by October. It's being cleaned up and renovated to Holiday Inn standards.

I'm staying there for the POPs World Record jumps in October.
I Jumped with the guys who invented Skydiving.

BAWAHHHAAAA!!!!!

HHHHAAAAWAAAA!!!!!

Ok..lemme catch my breath.... ;-)

Seriously, they all suck. Its a degree of sucking. We usually end up stayiong at a small motel in Sun City (1 exit south of Ethenac) that changes names once in a while. The room are recently renovated, so its not so bad.

The Days Inn close to the Perris DZ will be a Holiday Inn Express by October. It's being cleaned up and renovated to Holiday Inn standards.

I'm staying there for the POPs World Record jumps in October.

I dont think the Days Inn has even been good, at least in thje last 4 years....

That great news that its beeing converted to a HI Express! The bad news is probably that it will be twice the price.
Remster

BAWAHHHAAAA!!!!!

HHHHAAAAWAAAA!!!!!

Ok..lemme catch my breath.... ;-)

Seriously, they all suck. .

True. I suppose I shouldn't have used the word "decent"... :$... my bad.

So you're saying I should consider going with Plan-B... bring my pillow, sleeping bag, .45 & crash in the back of my car?
;)

Why not try IHOP? International House Of Parachutists. ;)

Because I know folks that have stayed there and have had stuff stolen.

:|

Sorry to hear that. I stayed there in 2003 and didn't have any problems, nor did any of the other 13 deaf skydivers who slept there. Then again, I kept my valuables with me at all times, only leaving my clothes and bathroom stuff in the closet.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Why not try IHOP? International House Of Parachutists. ;)

Because I know folks that have stayed there and have had stuff stolen.

:|

Sorry to hear that. I stayed there in 2003 and didn't have any problems, nor did any of the other 13 deaf skydivers who slept there. Then again, I kept my valuables with me at all times, only leaving my clothes and bathroom stuff in the closet.

True enough, and I should caveat it as it may be an isolated (rare) incident that happened to one person I happen to know.

Try the days inn in Sun City it's only 5 miles from the dz.

Its actually a Super 8.http://maps.google.com/maps?f=l&hl=en&geocode=&q=motel&near=sun+city,+CA&ie=UTF8&ll=33.73833,-117.184639&spn=0.205846,0.31929&z=12&om=1 Its clean, has breakfast, and its close. We typically stay there bacause, as a couple, the IHOP sucks.

That being said, when I came to Perris by myself, I stayed at the IHOP. It was OK. Sorry you had a bad experience there, but I did keep my valuables in the car, locked away.
Remster

There's also a bunkhouse aside from the ihop. Haven't stayed there yet though. Why not just keep your valuables i.e. rig, wallet, etc, in your car and then stay at ihop? True someone could break into the car but that's probably less likely to attract opportunist theft.

For the record I've stayed at ihop for a total of about 20 days now (not consecutive) and have never had problems.

If you don't mind a 30 minute drive there's more options in Corona.
-Patrick

in 2005 JFTC took their business elsewhere and avoided the Days Inn at Perris. It was scary by any standards, with undesirables hanging out and incidents happening to people staying there.

Reservations were made at a couple of motels in Hemet, a town just east of Perris. Nothing but good reports from staying there.

Googled them for you:

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=hotels+Hemet+California&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Yeah, I wondered about that.

Its been a couple of years, but I've stayed at the Days Inn before... even back when it was a Best Western... it never really was all that great, but seemed to be going downhill the last time I was there and then I noticed (I think it was on Perris' website) that is wasn't on its local list of hotels anymore.

Too bad. Without staying on the DZ itself, you can't get much closer.

"I hear the Days Inn close by, catty-corner from the Denny's, has really gone down hill."

You mean they don't have Spice Channel anymore?:)

I stayed several times at the one in Sun City (weekends), I walk to the bar "Ponderosa" across the lot. they have some good price food, they have a band.dance floor. I have always had a good time there.Even met a girl there, and dated a few times when I was in town!
Other, than that..I would camp-out at Perris!
Don't even drink and drive if you leave the DZ!