psykx

AFF in south america

I'm looking to do my AFF course in south america as I plan to be back packing there in the next year or so and I'd really like to keep costs down. I have done a little research but as I have only just started learning Spanish I'm not getting very far :D

any advice, recommendations or costs would be appreciated

I am in South America at the minute trying to pin down somewhere to do my AFF. I haven´t received much by the way of help. Personnaly I think I am going to do it in Argentina as I think Argentina is a bit more progressive than some other country´s (no offence to other country´s if you read this).

Instead, I have located a number of places and I am simply going to show up there and see whats available. Down towards Beunos Aries there are a number and one in particular that advertises they speak english. So my advice is to just check out the dropzone locations, try to contact them and go from there. Not much help otherwise I´m afraid.

Personally I can´t wait to get going. If anything pops up I will let you know.

Good luck.

Barry

I believe you can do it for a good price near Sao Paulo Brazil.

http://www.paraquedismoboituva.com.br/

The web site is in Portugese, but I am sure there would be some people who speak english there.

I jumped in Rio de Janeiro. It was beautiful, but very expensive.
www.okanaganskydive.com

Try Higuerote, VZ - use cash and try to avoid the official exchange rate.

Not just try...do not use the official exchange rate (credit cards, ATMs) if in Venezuela, period. Parallel (street) rate gets you more than twice at the moment, so if you pay cash, the AFP course (2 tandems + 7 AFF levels, 10 jumps total) at Skydive Venezuela will cost you about 1000$.

Boituva near Sao Paulo , is the best place for your AFF .There are several schools there and the guys are speaking English. I am living in Guadeloupe ( French Caribean ) but once-in-a-while I am traveling to Sao Paulo since my family lives there . Anyhow here in Guadeloupe is very GrEaT jumping as well . maLUCo
www.maluco.eu