snowcrash75

best camping and hot showers?

If you visit northern California, plan to stop by Davis, Byron and Lodi. Davis has a nice spot for tents and decent shower facilities; they fly a PAC. Byron has no running water but is well worth the visit; they fly a King Air. I don't know about the camping facilities at Lodi but it's also worth a visit while you're in the area.

Lodi is your best bet for mid-week jumping as they are the only 7 day/week dz; they fly a Beech 99 and an Otter. Davis is open Weds-Sun but midweek PAC loads depend on if tandems show up or not (the 172 will fly with 2 people though). I'm not sure what days Byron is open.

Try Skydive Iowa. Free camping and showers (or private sleeping rooms to rent nightly). This DZ is a private airport owned by the DZO.
Skydivers and skydiver freindlies only. Bon fires, great "Flight Deck" with a huge community grill for after the prop stops.
Everyone who has been there raves about the place. Less than three hours west of Skydive Chicago and three hours from Fort Doge (Couch Freaks).
IM me if you want to stop by and I'll give you more info.
Sandy
www.skydiveia.com
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Both Skydive Atlanta and Skydive the Farm have places to set up a tent and hot showers, if you're passing through GA. B| Call before you head to the Farm though, they've been having some trouble getting a plane every weekend. :S[:/]

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

If you're in the MN/WI area on a weekend (except we're only open Monday of Labor day weekend), head to Skydive Wissota in Chippewa Falls, WI. $15 rides to 10,000 (182 dz) (subtract $1 for every 1000 feet for hnps or lower altitude jumps).

Feel free to crash in the clubhouse (pull out couches) and there is a shower. Plenty of skydiving during the day (mostly belly flying with a couple of World Teamers) and plenty of....umm...fun at night. Free beer (although if its your first time at Wissota you might think about bringing something to help refill the fridge;)).

Let me know if you make your way there. I'll plan something special for dinner that night.