tbellopa-c

Deadman Boogie at SkyDive Houston with a Chopper

www.deadmanboogie.com Read line 15!
Here is the scoop, Its True that SDH is having a boogie this weekend! I did not believe this myself, until i drove up to SDH and saw everyone pitching in to clean up the place.

As I observed eight funjumpers cutting and weedeating the grass, I knew that this could be done. "Benifial" walked up to me and threw me two things. One was a ice cold beer, and the second was keys to a tractor.

I had no choice but to run back to my truck for a coozie and then cut the east end of the airport. As I was cutting grass and sipping my shiner, it hit me. There are no staphers helping clean this place up, its all Waller fun jumpers. These funjumpers are going to pull this out off. I then wanted to help more. We cut 55 acres of knee deep grass to 3 inches in one day.

As we sat at the picnic table talking about the events, I began to think that this was, to good to be true.

1. No Boogie Fee!
2. Free hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch (Saturday)
3. We have plenty of Fuel
4. The Super Otter will fly multiple hot loads
5. Texas Holdem on Friday night
6. Two Fat Hogs will be cooked up by madmax and others FREE!
7. Two powered parachutes, $40 jump ticket to 3500ft
8. Flocking Jumps with Jenn
9. Bigways with Larry Henson
10. A band that does not suck to play on Saturday night and Free Kegs' of Beer
11. Blue Skies predicted
12. Swoop and Chug!
13. CRW Dogs are back for fun!
14. Kip went to Spaceland!
15. THEY GOT A FREAKEN HELICOPTOR!! That is something Skyfest has said and undelivered for years! 40$ jump ticket all day Saturday.

This is where i trained and I love the place and the people. I must endorse this boogie! It is being done by the right people for you, the fun jumpers! Come on OUT. Todd Bell

1-15 is all CONFIRMED!
www.skydivehouston.com

B|
Hey I may not get to jump but I wouldn't miss it for nothing I think it's going to be the start of something big. You never know might become somthing that we can look forword to every year woooo hoooooo come on people lets get excited what the hell
I can't believe SDH is finally having a boogie ,I'm stoked.
I hope to see all the people that I haven't see in like forever,and all who were there for me and my family when we really needed help.
Thanx a million come out and lets PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Later,Demo~;)

Todd -

AWESOME !!!!B| Sounds like its gonna be a blast !! I will be there as soon as I get off work - probably later than earlier. Wish I woulda known ya'll were out there working yesterday - I coulda helped out.....Ya'll ROCK for all ya'll do !! And who knows ? Maybe it WILL be the start of something new !!

Jules

The Longer You Look At The Ocean,
The More You See.

First: i would like to say that Troy and SDH have been great and are doing alot of work to get this boogie going.

Thanks Troy

Second: I want to clear up any confusion about what this boogie is all about. This boogie is for all the friends we have lost over the years, and nothing else. We will be jumping for them. Everything else is secondary.

Third: Dont know anything about Skyfest, never been to it. I am sure it is a good time with lots of fun. We do have a helicopter scheduled for saturday. But you know sh-- happens so nothing in life is ever for sure.

Fourth: Myself, Mad Max, Tim aka THE HAMMER, and Rusty just want averyone to come out and have a good time. It is a free boogie except your load tickets. Ther will be plenty of food and beer.

So everyone come out and have a good time. We will be starting on friday night if anyone wants to come hang out and tell stories and remeber those friends we have lost

Blue Skies
Chris Benefiel

This boogie is for all the friends we have lost over the years, and nothing else. We will be jumping for them.

Here is my list, since 1990, when I first moved to Houston.

Skydiving fatalities:
- Roger Pickens
- Name unknown (Polish name, coke-bottle eyeglasses)
- Kelly Poe Beazer
- Tommy Thompson

Suicides:
- Art Ingrao
- David Johnson
- Alan DeSilva
- Craig Shelton

"Natural" Causes:
- John Choate
- Skippy Manino
- Conway Hall
- Richard Hutchinson

Other:
- Mike Goodman

I miss 'em all.

Is there anyone else that should be included that I've omitted?

Weather Alert :o, This weekend is going to be HOT. Saturday 99', feels like 110', Sunday 100', feels like 111'. Due to these totally normal temps in Texas, we thought to spread the word to drink plenty of water H2O.
We will have iced jugs set up around the DZ to fill up your water bottles. The packing and loading fountains are also working. The A/C works fine in the packing area , however we are expecting heavy traffic thru that front door. I will get us set up a cool off area, hopefully with misters. Please start preparing your body now and avoid the caffine and ETOH.
Here is a easy to read pdf. on heat stress and treatments:
www.d.umn.edu/ehso/heatstress/HStrain.pdf

Cheers, Todd

www.skydivehouston.com

Wow, I hope ya'll had a good time.
Now I know I'm out of the loop. Didn't find out about this till sat nite. THAT SUCKED!!!
I would have SO been there AND brought friends.

Oh well, spilled milk.

Hope everyone had a good time and everybody was safe.

I went to the Larry-ways on Saturday; the boogie feel was definitely there. The cooler inside the front door was awesome :ph34r:.

Free water, free food, organized loads. I had fun. Thanks, guys.

Edit to add to the list, in various categories:
Dave Osterhout
Kathy Huston
Dave Boatman
Noreen Bogert

Wendy W.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Saturday, 26 Chopper Loads, and all Smiles! The staff jumping it at the end of the day was awesome. I think the whole boogie was GREAT!
I went up to altitude 6500' in the heli, with my wife and Chubs. When we jumped my wife (KWB) smiled:)Thanks, TB

www.skydivehouston.com

Hey people

Just want to say thanks for everyone coming out and making the first annual Dead Man Boogie such a great event. Everything went off with out a hich.

Wants to say thanks to everyone that helped with cooking lunch and supper. The oink;s where awesome Tim(aka The Hammer).

Thanks to Mad Maxx and rusty for setting up the heloicopter. That freakin pilot was nuts. I got 2 fantastic jumps myself. Nothing like dead air. That was one heck of fly by we got with the shooting stars as a back drop. Dont get much better than that folks.

Thanks to S.D.H., Troy, and all the staff that kept things going for us all.

If you did not get a shirt there are still a few more at manifest.

Thanks to Cattle Prod for cranking out some good jams for us. I got a call sunday form mick the base player. He was still saying that we are f------ crazy. He had a good time watching Seager and some one do a Down Plane. He thought that was it for yall.

Once again thanks everyone for coming out. You made my first BOOGIE everything i hoped for. (BEER)

Blue Skies
Chris Benefiel

Chris - the kegs, your mowing and cooking, and of course t-shirt wrangling, just might count for your beer but we will have to take a vote on that one! ;-)

Thanks to you, MadMax, Tim and Rusty for putting together a great Boogie for just about the best reason I know of - to remember and honor fallen freinds.

A good ol' fashioned HERE'S TO THEM to all of you, and thanks. See y'all next weekend! B|

Erleichda!

"I just wasn't myself today," Gupta commented. "I wasn't any self today. I was an egoless particle of the universal no-soul."

I agree, had one hell of a time, better than skyfest as far as Im concerned, the hospitality was great and of course the helicopter jumps were awesome!!!! last load of the day on the chopper with Chris day and Daniel Carol was quite possibly one of the funnest jumps I have ever been on! Hanging underneath the helicopter and getting spun every direction, until the pilot gave up and told us to get the hell off! Thanks again to the organizers and everyone down at sdh.
-Jake Miller
It's all fun and games till the ground gets big!