shellybellyfly

Couch Freaks 2007- Labor Day weekend

Well Martin it was there last year ;)

Instead of waiting I called the number on the Couch Freaks website. The gentleman who answered said the Jet was a no go.

Martin if you dressed up like Borat in the yellow bikini thing you would win Best Dressed hands down. Even Coiner couldn't hang (no pun intended) with that outfit.

"You start off your skydiving career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience up before your bag of luck runs out."

I love you to fff3. :$
Leaving tonight! will be packing tomorrow at the lame ass disco with a twist of eurotrash music tent if anyone wants their chutes packed, Joel's bringing the lube.

Also Joel Davies will be freestyle coaching all weekend with Mike Super on vid. You should see his splits, the way he flys his camel toe is amazing. World Class Stuff.

Thanks for laying off on the all night music this year! I know a lot of people who slept, and made a few more jumps because of it!

Martin

I love you to fff3. :$
Leaving tonight! will be packing tomorrow at the lame ass disco with a twist of eurotrash music tent if anyone wants their chutes packed, Joel's bringing the lube.

Also Joel Davies will be freestyle coaching all weekend with Mike Super on vid. You should see his splits, the way he flys his camel toe is amazing. World Class Stuff.

Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

Now that was fun...! It was my first boogie and I had an awesome time.. it's going to be hard to go back to the cessna after being spoiled all weekend! Question though: someone w/a camera got a picture of my friend and I running out of the skyvan... he said he would post it online, does anyone know the website where they will post pics from the boogie?
Into the great wide open/ under them skies of blue/ out in the great wide open/ a rebel w/out a clue.....

I had a blast at Couch this year! The only thing that would have made it completely 100% perfect was if we would have got that Texas star built for the women's state record. Next year!!!

Thanks to Fort Dodge, all the Des Moines Skydivers and the Skydive Arizona pilots (and everyone else that helped) for putting on a great boogie!

See you next year!

And Julie...the rides to altitude on Monday at Wissota seemed like the longest rides to 10k' in the history of the world!

does anyone know the website where they will post pics from the boogie?

there is generally not one website where all of them are posted.
I'm sure everyone would appreciate if any people who did take pictures and put them on the web, put a link to them on here though :)

MB 3528, RB 1182

Great boogie, as always. Though, the Sat nite best dressed contest was pretty tame. What happened to "skin to win" and "show us your ..." (substitute for male or female)?? Even the "tits=altitude" sign was missing at the loading area. Though, plenty of women did take one for the team. Thank you for the altitude!

I didn't see any tie-dye t-shirts for sale. I used to get one each year. Maybe since Sky Kat left, they aren't doing them anymore.

Oh, and bring back the Army shower tent. The sink area by the shower van didn't cut it. No lighting.

I had a great time and made alot of jumps. I had 31 jump tickets in the raffle but didn't win a thing. However, it seemed like they raffle hundreds of prizes off and tossed 10 times as many out into the crowd. You'd have to have been passed out not to get something free. The only thing missing was Dave S. from skydiveradio.com.

I'm going to check with the gennius book of world records about stacking empty kegs of beer. That could be a great event for next year!!

JM

I had 31 jump tickets in the raffle but didn't win a thing.

You purchased 31 raffle tickets at $23 each, and didn't win anything, but you did get 31 "free" jumps!

I'm going to check with the gennius book of world records about stacking empty kegs of beer. That could be a great event for next year!!

JM

I'm seeing a couple of different records, the Couch Freaks style, with a bunch of drunks stacking without assistance of anything other than a few extra kegs to stand on. How high do you think one would need to drop an empty keg on a human head laying on concrete to cause it to crush like a cantaloupe? I'm guessing somewhere around 5'. We ain't have'n fun, till we call 911!!!

Boogie!
Martin
Experience is what you get when you thought you were going to get something else.

AC DZ

The band on Sunday night was County 79 -- just to clarify -- and they were freakin' awesome :)
On another note -- I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped with the Mustang (car) jump organization and planning. :)
It was a great boogie and a great way to come back into the skydiving world.... missed all of you guys and this boogie reminded me how much I love you all;)

Oh, and one more thing...Ninjas ARE way cooler than pirates.

Hey, I got a tie dyed shirt! Cutaway had 'em for sale....Double Jokers logo and pic on back.

Yes, WONDERFULLY AWESOME Boogie, gang!! Can't wait until next year!!

I'll always remember the chalk outline of the keg bowling casualty - and anatomically correct, too! Sweet!

Thanks to all who made a newbie like me feel "at home".
"It's only too late when you're 6 feet under. Until then, all bets are off."

How high do you think one would need to drop an empty keg on a human head laying on concrete to cause it to crush like a cantaloupe? I'm guessing somewhere around 5'. We ain't have'n fun, till we call 911!!!

Boogie!
Martin

I didn't know how many it was going to take, but I knew how many they were going to USE!
Fuck The Details

25 skydives and 1 hot air balloon jump....

awesome weather and great parties....

can't wait until next year...........

keep up the great work.....

===============================
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

Don't forget that some really, really cool guy gave you a t-shirt that he won. :D That's quite the boogie for your first one.

The Des Moines Skydivers did a great job, as usual. Running a boogie of that size certainly isn't easy.

The memory of landing my 2-stack moments before the fly-by on Sunday evening was something that I won't forget anytime soon. B|

Skydive Radio!!!

That was close man. I have to check my video to see if I got it I will let you know.

there will be a lot of lousy video clips as the cameras just kept going back and forth between the canopies and the planes. It looked like a freakin' tennis match :D:D:D

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Hell Yeah,

Those pr' ricans know how to party and have a good time. Margaret was talking about renting one big ass trailer for next year but with the whole DZ coming maybe you guys can rent the whole fleet. We look forward to having you guys back but come early so you don't miss the hog roast.
Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Hey, I got a tie dyed shirt! Cutaway had 'em for sale....Double Jokers logo and pic on back.

Yes, WONDERFULLY AWESOME Boogie, gang!! Can't wait until next year!!

I'll always remember the chalk outline of the keg bowling casualty - and anatomically correct, too! Sweet!

Thanks to all who made a newbie like me feel "at home".

Does the tie-dye shirt say "Couch Freaks"? Sky Kat sold those. Not sure who made 'em.