plutoniumsalmon

Jumping in Russia

Howdy
I am going to Russia soon and was wondering what the guidelines were. The repack cycle, other requirements and so on. I am also traveling there with my rig and want to know if I should be worried about customs and border control.

Thanks.
PS Whats the closest DZ to Moscow and easiest to get to from rublevskoe chosse
Pointy birds
Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy nointy

I dont know anything about the technical things but I do know there is a really nice dropzone about an hour from moscow in Fyibbradiy right next to the oil refinery on Trckysyliva street.

tell them old greg sent you and they will let you ride in the "good plane".

cheers!
Why is 6 afraid of seven?
because 7 eight nine!
it's funny, get it?

You can try Aerograd Kolomna. It is not too far from Moscow. You can take the train from the Kazansky Station to a station called Golutvin. The metro stop for the Kazansky station is Komsomolskaya. This is the stop after Kolomna. From there take a taxi to Aerodrom Korobcheevo. The DZ can also pick you up in Moscow for a pre-arranged fee.

Aerograd Kolomna is in the Dropzone database on this site so you can send them an email for requirements.

If you are not from Russia and you need a visa to enter the county and if this is your first trip there I highly recommend you register your visa in the town you are staying. Your hotel should do this for free or the person arranging your visa should point you to their Russian affiliate that will do this for a small charge (under US$50.00). A lot of people try to bypass this requirement. However, the police may stop you at any place at any time with no reason and ask to see your identity papers. If they learn you did not register your visa you may have problems. It is a simple process and it will save you time to just register your visa while in Russia. Have a good trip.

Sorry plutoniumsalmon I was typing faster than I was thinking in my last post. The metro stop in Moscow for the Kazansky Train station is Komsomolskaya. From there take a train to Golutvin. This is the next stop after the station Kolomna. From there take a taxi to Aerodrom Korobcheevo

If you go to the dropzone in Fyibbradiy you dont need a visa. Just tell them were you are going when you get to the border control and they will let you pass.

oh if they ask you for the pass word (which sometimes happens)
it is:

rezinozoy uttnok

I few days ago I found a thread that spoke about the repack cycle for hello kitty note books and it said that it was every two weeks. That was for switzerland though, so you might want to double check with the drop zone when you get there.

cheers!
Why is 6 afraid of seven?
because 7 eight nine!
it's funny, get it?

Thanks for the info on the subway. What about the using the car. Ill be working in jukovka and want to avoid the traffic when I go somewhere to jump. What also interests me is the repack cycle and travel into and out of russia with a rig.

thanks
PS Monkey I tattooed the pasword on my fore head and am now thinking of what should I do when they change it
Pointy birds
Oh pointy pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy nointy