freeflynNicki

Minneapolis DZ 7/27-7/29

Hi Folks -

Flying to Minneapolis the week of 7/22/07 for work...instead of heading back home that FRiday, I was thinking of staying for the weekend and jumping up there. Never jumped or been to Minnesota; why not stay on the company's dime right?

So i need feedback on the DZ and potentially a ride from the Maple Grove area...anyone?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PMS#269
Team Dirty Sanchez#41

I haven't jumped there but I am headed to the same area (and am jumping) the 1st week in September. My research and feedback I have gotten says Skydive Twin Cities is the place. It lists it as 47 miles from the Twin Cities area. Let me know what you find out and how your experience is.

Blue 111-
Jeff

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

Hi there. There are 3 places to jump near the cities.

1 – Skydive Twin Cities located in Baldwin, Wisconsin (1 hour east of Minneapolis) is open Tuesday – Sunday. You can contact them at 715-684-3416 (1-800-SKYDIVE) or www.skydivetwincities.com. They fly an otter during the summer, but also have a beaver and some cessnas. On any given weekend they fly 20-40 otter loads with a wide mix of flying (rw, freeflying, crw, birdman, etc). Many jumpers, including myself, commute from the west metro. You shouldn't have a problem finding a ride out there. Email me at [email protected] and I can help you hook up with someone.

2 – Minnesota Skydivers Club located in Waseca, Minnesota (45 minutes south of Minneapolis) is open 7 days a week, but really only busy Fri-Sun. You can contact them at 612-650-7000 or www.mnskydive.com. They fly a cessna and I would say they're more on the rw side of things, but you could probably see all types of flying.

3 – Skydive Wissota located in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin (1 hour 45 minutes east of Minneapolis) is open Wednesday and Friday afternoons and all day on Saturday and Sunday. You can them at 715-726-1616 or at www.skydivewissota.org. They have 3 182's and depending on the weekend all or one might be flying. This is a solid rw dz with a handful of skydivers having more than 10,000 jumps.

Hey Nichole,

It would be GREAT to see you again. I will be at skydive Twin Cities the same weekend for a NSL 4-way meet. Sylvia is coming with me and hopefully we will see you there. I can certainly hook you up with introductions and it is a fun DZ. They have an otter and so you shouldn't have to go into withdrawls by jumping out of a cessna.;)

Think of how stupid the average person is and realize that statistically half of them are stupider than that.

Nicole,

If you want to come out Wissota, I will be leaving the Plymouth/Maple Grove area Friday after work (I leave about 5ish) and coming back Sunday night. Free ride there and I can drop you off at the airport on the way back if needed.

Jumps from 10k are only $15, you can stay at our clubhouse (so no need to get a hotel room or pay for lodging). If I know you're coming, I'll do something nice for dinner on Saturday night (pot roast, lasagna or something like that). The fridge is full of beer and if we head to the bars after awhile, drinks are about $3 (cheap), but being a guest and being a female, you'll probably won't have to pay for any.

Let me know.