BHawks

Anyone going to be in WA in August?

I am headed to Seattle, WA for three weeks in August to visit relatives and friends, but none of them jump! Then its back to the island. I'm looking for someone to jump with, I want to get as many jumps in as possible. Probably head to Snohomish.

I finished my A license on my last trip to Hawaii, have my own rig, now I'm looking to learn more about our awsome sport, like learning how to freefly and become a better canopy pilot.

Hope see some of ya'll in the sky.

I am guessing there will ba a few of us in WA in Aug. Two events I can think of come to mind towards the end of August, one at Shelton (Formely Kapowsin) the Leap ofor Lupus Boogie and NW record attempts for a 70 way on Monday. The following weekend is the All of The Above boogie in Molalla Oregon, about 200 miles south. IT is also a good time.

The LFL boogie info is from Events section is http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2824602#2824602

I have not noted anything other then a blurb in the Wingsuit section on the Oregon boogie but it is Aug 24-26 Skydive Oregon’s ALL OF THE ABOVE BOOGIE!

There should be people doing stuff though in WA depending on the time frame your here will sway you one way or another.. BUt on any given weekend DZ's in WA withing about 2 hours of Seattle:

Snohomish flys a Caravan
Shelton (Kaprwsin) flys an Otter
Bremerton flys a Turbin 207 (smaller then a Caravan with 7 jkumpers)
Toledo has a Caravan
Mt Vernon (hit or miss on when they are operating lately) has a Porter

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

We have fairly regular freefly coaching in Snohomish on weekends.

It takes about 45-60 minutes to get to Snohomish from Seattle. (Depending on traffic)

If you want more information let me know, I'm there almost every weekend.

"Life is a temporary victory over the causes which induce death." - Sylvester Graham

BHawks,

Hey. Like Karen said, come on out to Snohomish. Both Karen and I offer FF coaching for only slot, and I can offer you canopy piloting training as well. We have a Caravan that will fly with only 6 to 13.5k. Checkout www.seattleskydivers.org for more info on the 411.

Brad

Edited to get rid of those asshole skyride url stealing bastards.

------------------------------

Controlled and Deliberate.....

Hey,

Thanks very much for the invite. As I get closer, I'll give you both a shout out.

Question, is my rig good to go for learning about freeflying? I have a Racer NOS, the velrco is in decent shape, I have heard and read different stories.