smayo76

Tennessee/Chattanooga?

Tennessee Skydiving Center........Tullahoma, Tennessee

Thanks for the quick reply. I've looked at their site, but with all the Skyride drama, it's hard to tell what's legit and what's not. Hence why I'm asking here.

Do you have any experience there? Can you tell me the pros and cons to their DZ and a bit of information about it from a jumper's prospective?

Thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've looked at their site, but with all the Skyride drama, it's hard to tell what's legit and what's not. Hence why I'm asking here.

Do you have any experience there? Can you tell me the pros and cons to their DZ and a bit of information about it from a jumper's prospective?

Thanks.

Well, as far as I know, they're not open every weekend. Anybody knows I'm wrong, correct me. Ever since the DZO died, they just haven't been open much except for the Mullins King Air boogies.

Stay away from ASC/skyride. They ripped off the Tullahoma DZ's phone number after the DZO died and it wasn't found out until a boogie was scheduled there and people were calling the number and getting ASC. :|

Where in Tennessee are you? If Skydive Alabama in Cullman is close enough for you, they're a good alternative. Fast King Air and good vibes. They will send the plane up with as few as 8 people so there's rarely any waiting time.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks.

Well, as far as I know, they're not open every weekend. Anybody knows I'm wrong, correct me. Ever since the DZO died, they just haven't been open much except for the Mullins King Air boogies.

Stay away from ASC/skyride. They ripped off the Tullahoma DZ's phone number after the DZO died and it wasn't found out until a boogie was scheduled there and people were calling the number and getting ASC. :|

Where in Tennessee are you? If Skydive Alabama in Cullman is close enough for you, they're a good alternative. Fast King Air and good vibes. They will send the plane up with as few as 8 people so there's rarely any waiting time.

Well, I'll actually be living in Trenton, Ga. in a couple of weeks. I think I've decided on doing my AFF at 'the farm' in Georgia due to all the messages I recieved pointing me that direction. However, I'm looking for close alternatives for after I get my AFF done and get my 'A' license. With working and chores on the family farm, I'd like to find a good place that I can run out..do a quick jump or two and come home in time for dinner.

We'll be looking forward to seeing you at the Farm.

We'll leave the light on for you.
:D:D

Be sure to ask Hans about the AFF package deals we offer or you can look it up on the Farms webpage under "Rates".

My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Definitely Tullahoma when they are open. I think they are open one weekend a month.

But from trenton, I am not sure they would be much closer.

Another DZ about the same distance is Skydive Alabama in Cullman, AL. Another great DZ in the area.

Get your License, Travel to ALL the nearby DZ`s and see what you like.

Thanks for all the feedback. I actually talked to Hans on the phone to ask him a lot of questions. He seems like a great guy. Me and both of my brother's in law are going to start AFF there at the Farm in September. My dad is even coming with us to do a tandem (he's 52!). I'm excited about it.

I've spent the last 24 hours watching jump videos from the farm. I feel like I know the geography of the place and I haven't even been there yet!

Tullahoma was my home dz for a long time, and I love jumping there. Right now they are open 2 weekends per month. I wouldnt recommend that dz at this time if youre looking for coaching or instruction of any kind. Once you've got your own gear and A license, and you can pack yourself and dont mind packing outside, Tullahoma will be a great option for you.
Til then.. skydive the farm and skydive alabama are both full service, great drop zones.