jacketsdb23

Puerto Rico Skydiving

Hey all. Just got short notice of a two week trip to PR for work. Not sure that I'll have a bunch of free time but if I can get away for a day or so I'd like to jump at Extreme Skydivers. Does anyone have info on normal hours of operation? They open much during the week?

Will be flying AA out there. Thinking of carrying rig on in a bag. Anyone been through this flying into San Juan? Thanks!

Marcel
Losers make excuses, Winners make it happen
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

well i've been stuck in worse places without a rig:P

I don't really want to have an issue. If it was easy to do I'd like to bring my rig, but not worth it if there is a lot of hassle. More feedback from people who went to the boogie (or live down there!) would be great.

God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

I've never had a problem with my rig going to and from PR. They just swabed it and let me go. I do have a cypress in it too. Hope you have a wonderful trip! Jason and Viviana are great and Im sure they would love to have you. Shoot Viviana and email off their website, Im sure she will be glad to get back with you asap.
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

I've never had a problem with my rig going to and from PR. They just swabed it and let me go. I do have a cypress in it too. Hope you have a wonderful trip! Jason and Viviana are great and Im sure they would love to have you. Shoot Viviana and email off their website, Im sure she will be glad to get back with you asap.

i co-sign that entire post...
--------------------------------------------
www.facebook.com/agentlead

tara had trouble getting out of ATL one year. ANd when I went to Venezuela is when i personally had a hard time getting home with my rig as did the others that I went with. Thats probably the trip you were thinking about.

"It was Moses!"
"Our Shenanigan leader was laid back this weekend"

i have had trouble getting out of atl with my rig once... with out my cyress instaled!! they wanted to open it all, they even tryed to pull on my reserve until i yelled at them to not pull on anything.

had trouble in ohio comin back to atl but all i had to do was explain the cypress blade to them and it was fine.

on the way back from one of my PR trips they gave us trouble with our straw hats... some kinda bug thing. after they looked at it a ton of time they let us through but we almost had to leave our hats there.

anywho, PR is awesome-- Beautiful jumpin and sight seeing. jason and viviana are really nice and run a nice place. have a great time!!
"laid back - with my mind on my **** and my......"

Yes! Thank you. I can't seem to get out of this damn cement plant long enough to do anything but sleep! If I get a day I will certainly give you a call. I appreciate the info.
God is Good
Beer is Great
Swoopers are crazy.

i have had trouble getting out of atl with my rig once... with out my cyress instaled!! they wanted to open it all, they even tryed to pull on my reserve until i yelled at them to not pull on anything.

had trouble in ohio comin back to atl but all i had to do was explain the cypress blade to them and it was fine.

They were probably looking for the "secret compartment" in your rig. :P
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

I had a friend a few years back fly into San Juan from St. Croix. He checked his rig in a bag. When he landed his reserve handle had been pulled. Not sure what airline it was, or if it was the TSA people, or who did it, but I definitely would carry your rig with you on the plane.

Enemiga Rodriguez, PMS #369, OrFun #25, Team Dirty Sanchez #116, Pelt Head #29, Muff #4091

I have been to PR twice and my brother 3 times to the Xdivers boogie. No issues with rigs getting in or out. Jason and Vivanna are great people. Call the number on the web-site.

Jason also takes people on scuba trips.
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com