donutair

Jump the Pitts BiPlane at West Tennesee

Pitts Biplane will be at Mullins at Wings Field, Memphis, TN Memorial Day boogie. Mike is having a Memorial Day boogie (5-25 through 5-28) and the Pitts will be there for jumps and rides (B-class license to jump). First event this season to jump the Pitts. Go to www.invertedair.com for the Pitts schedule and goto www.skydivekingair.com for details about the boogie.
Life's the Pitts at Invertedair.com

Did anyone watch the 4 minute video of the jumpers on the invertedair website? The last 2 jumpers had rigs that had the Closing pin cover that closed up (like Mirage's) and getting out of the plane, it was flapping around. WTF?:S

...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Yeah... we learned a lot from the videos. Those two were the first times we tried it from the airplane. After the vids and the pics from the Houston Skyfest incident, we are extremely sensative to closing pins and flaps. The pre-jump brief is very involved now and we (I) stress how to properly stand up and get out of the airplane. We have spent alot of time talking with pilots from the Convention that did this for almost 15 years. This was not a new problem due to the tight confinement of the airplane.

Ok, that's cool. I would love to do it and my friend is refurbishing an old wwII biplane trainer, and I joke about him doing this w/ me. I am not sure how my post came about, but it wasn't meant to be "Hey guys don't do this, it's crazy stupid shit", I just wanted to know what was going on w/ it. But hell yeah, looks like fun, and thanks for the explanation.
...it's not the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until it's gone...it's the fact that you don't appreciate what you have until someone appreciates it for you!

Lord knows I would freaking LOVE to do that. Come to NC, and it's a deal, lol. I bet Tradewind Sky Sports would love to accommodate you guys if we plan a somewhat kick-off for future boogies at this small DZ. It needs to be advertised, and this would get local jumpers unknowing of the DZ to come out there. Though this is the improper thread for DZ ads, I'm just saying, I'm getting him as much PR as possible. I love that place. If not there, see if you can come out to CSS or something.

Sounds like a nice place. I am thinking I may have to make an east coast swing or something. I have had 4 invites from DZ's along the east coast and have turned them down due to the distance. The Pitts is not the most comfortable cross country aircraft and quite frankly it's not the most suitable aircraft for travel either. I did Houston last year (from central Illinois) and it took 7 fuel stops and a full day to get there. Sorry you can't make it to Mullins place (your gonna miss a great boogie). Hope to see you at one of the others I have scheduled though.