JonP

DZ in California

I'm going travelling in september, first port of call is california, i am planning on doing my AFF out there, looking to book it soonish as the dollare vs pound is just so strong for us Brits.

I was thinking if Monterey bay but having read about it on here and seen that its pretty weather dependant i'm thinking i'd prefer to go somewhere else so i'm not sat around for days on end.

any one got any suggestions of a good DZ with good friendly instructors. i'm flying into san francisco and ideally would like to go to one near by for ease of travel.

cheers

Jon

Hollister is about an hour and a half drive from San Francisco. WE have had absolutely wonderful weather, and you would have great odds of doing your jumps if you were willing to drive.

Gotta root for the home team! There are a number of great dropzones around here. I pretty much jump exclusively at Hollister. Just got all new buildings! Come check it out!
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Hello

I have a private course if your interested in focused 1 on 1 training. I have trained a few that post on here also.
Click on my sig line below and if your interested, please feel free to contact me.

Be safe
Ed
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

I took my AFF in Monterey last year, just about this time.. The rainy season is kind of upon us, but it has been rather nice. The key is, to get out early in the day and not wait for the cloud cover that comes a lot in the afternoon or the high winds that take it away. Pretty low key DZ-mostly tandems and a few of us fun jumpers on weekends. The plus side is that standard altitude is 15k and they offer jumps to 18k, and it is the most beautiful DZ ever-with a great view of the bay. I'll only be here another month and then i'm off to Utah for a year, but its been great. Good luck, wherever you jump, and blue skies!

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/dropzone/finder.cgi

Don't forget Bay Area Skydiving in Byron, it's the closest DZ to SF and has some good friendly AFF instructors. It can tend to get windy sometimes.

Santa Rosa is no longer operating.

Skydance is also a great fun place with top notch instructors.

I don't get out to Lodi much, but I know bodypilot1 is a good instructor who has taught a lot of people to skydive.

I haven't been to Cloverdale yet.

Hollister usually has good weather and is a friendly place.

Monterey is beautiful when the weather cooperates and they've got a super fast plane.