GooniesKid

Question about bail

>Just wondering, how everyone reacted?

Everyone was calm but confused. Me and another JM basically ended up tossing people out of the plane because they were just milling around, unsure of the procedure. We do what we train to do, and these people had been training for the past few hundred jumps to get into position, give a count and go.

billvon

>Just wondering, how everyone reacted?

Everyone was calm but confused. Me and another JM basically ended up tossing people out of the plane because they were just milling around, unsure of the procedure. We do what we train to do, and these people had been training for the past few hundred jumps to get into position, give a count and go.

Interesting..if it were me and the plane is above 2500, i'm getting the f out (if that means getting those ahead of me out of the way so be it)

GooniesKid

Hullo fellow skydivers,

Has there been a recent or has anyone experienced a bailout?

Just wondering, how everyone reacted? was everyone calm or was everyone just running to the door trying to get out?
Thanks

If it happens to you pay particular attention to the direction of your Pilot In Command. His directions will be short and possibly laced with expletives but do exactly as he says.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

GooniesKid

Interesting..if it were me and the plane is above 2500, i'm getting the f out (if that means getting those ahead of me out of the way so be it)

woe is us...here we go again....
[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

jimjumper

And when you find out that your over a 1500' mountain you'll be glad the pilot didn't let anybody out. Happened to me in 1991. 3k on the altimeter, 1500' AGL! Listen to the Pilot in Commands instructions.

1500 feet is shitloads! B|
2 wrongs don't make a right - but 3 lefts do.

You know all that shit about women and children first? Well I can be pretty childish in situations like that. But seriously folks. I've had to do it twice. Both times were an engine out but at altitudes above 3,500. Once in a Cessna 182 over Jenkinsburg GA and once in a Cessna 402 over Wialua HI. In both cases it was really no big deal. We just got out and hitched back to the DZ.

A little under three grand, the 206 made a few funny noises and the instruments made new colors. Pilot said "Y'all can get out quick or land with the plane, your call".

You've never, ever seen 5 corn fed guys, most on the on the far end of 200 poundsm get out of a Cessna that fast.
cavete terrae.

Last year I was on a Twin Otter for a CReW jump. At 10k the engiines stared behaving oddly and the pilot told us to get out. We did precisely the exit we had planned (single file solo exits with 3 sec of separation) and built the planned CReW formation. That was the day that I learned that an empty Twin Otter with dead engines can descend more slowly than a formation of Lightnings.

On the ground we learned that the engines were fine... there was a problem with not enough hydrocarbons to put into the engines.

In terms of the "emergency" exit.... it was a non-event. Lots of altitude and a stable aircraft made this very easy.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

One time I was in the back of a 182 with a tandem student and there were 2 funjumpers in front of us by the door. There was a loud bang and the whole thing started shaking and smoke started rolling in. The funjumpers left and I dragged my student up to the door. We were half way out with just the uppers connected at about 2k and the pilot says "go if you want but I got the field if you just wanna ride down". If it was any other pilot I'd have said "see ya" but the vibrations had stopped by then and I knew the pilot was one of the best around so we buckled up and rode it down to an uneventful dead stick landing.

Interesting. Please do us all a favor and let us know where you think you might be skydiving (if you should ever actually do any jump other than a tandumb). Most of us would really prefer to not be on the plane with someone who would put the whole load at risk in that manner.

GooniesKid

***>Just wondering, how everyone reacted?

..thereby potentially disrupting the center of gravity the pilot is delicately trying to manage, and possibly killing a planeload of people who'd otherwise all be alive if you'd only sat down and shut the fuck up.

I'd urge anyone who'd do a bone-headed thing like that to either land as close to their car as possible, or just drop their rig and run off into the woods.

Twice.

Once turned out to be a practice orchestrated by Roger Nelson. (How many other DZOs have done that?)

Everyone was fine.

Other time was engine failure in a DC3 at 19,000ft in a multi-plane formation. We dirt dived a 31-way in the plane during the descent, exited at 13k, and built 30 of 31.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

GooniesKid

Hullo fellow skydivers,

Has there been a recent or has anyone experienced a bailout?

Just wondering, how everyone reacted? was everyone calm or was everyone just running to the door trying to get out?
Thanks

Personally I would have preffered a question or perhapes even better:

When was the last time you had a bail out drill from your local DZ jumpship?

People actually do do this!

Most of all of you out there could benifite greatly by riding in the right seat from time to time and actually try to fucking communicate with the jumper by the exit door! I guanentee you will be shaken and not stirred, it is an eye opening experience and one heck of a learning experience!!!

I have no other comments about that other than this is one of those Hard Decisions, like the "Lifeboat" senario. I hope that no one will ever have to go through something like this.

But my point remains that untill you start practicing this shit...reserch says:

"Your literally wasting your time talking about it." !!! And in fact by not practicing as compared with just talking about this issue, you in fact may be making it worse.

The airline data on survivable crashes has shown and continues to show that the majority of people act like sheep, clog the isles, and contribute to fatalities. I make no claim as to skydiving and this type of aircraft in flight issue but a lot of this is real scarey shit>>>>

And the only demonstated solution that improves outcomes is actual practice!!!

C

( And I don't want to even mention what happened in NY, in the stairwells,...people literally hit the lobby and stopped! Trap'ing hundreds on the stairs behind them!)
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Agreed. They don't call him PIC for nothing..... (Pilot in Command)

If he looks back with big eyes, and shouts "Get the F_Out", then do just that. If he is calm, and says sit, you sit, and sit still.

Had one at 1800ft. No problems, about 2 second intervals between jumpers. (Looked really cool with all the canopies lined up)
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.