AndyU

North Carolina

So I'm making a road trip home from Rhode Island to Florida. I'm planning on stopping in North Carolina. What DZs do you recommend me stopping by and jumping at for a day?
I see that there are 3 near 95.
Carolina Sky Sports
Green Beret Sport Parachute Activity
Raeford Parachute Center

Just hoping for a little input.
----------------
James, if you happen to be reading this, I'm sorry, but I want to hit someplace new, I'm going to be in South Carolina in June for the boogie!
--
Andy Ussach
Team Dirty Sanchez Ex-Vice President #38
Explosivo Rodriguez #1385, Muff Brother #3503, "Woody" Hellfish #646

Been to both of them but CSS was a memorable visit:

Didn't get a plane off the groung until 12:30 due to weather. At 5:30 I am packed, have settled up with manifest, and I am walking out the door; and oh yeah, I made 6 jumps!

Enjoy.

"When I die, I want to go like my grandmother, who died peacefully in her sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in her car."

I LOVE Raeford! I was just there a few weeks ago and the people there are awesome. the dz is pretty and reminds me of camp lol. I cant wait to go back!

I havent been to CSS, Ive heard great things about it there, though.

:)

I really like CSS!

...but haven't been to any of the other ones

CReW Skies,
bubbles
"Women fake orgasms - men fake whole relationships" – Sharon Stone
"The world is my dropzone" (wise crewdog quote)
"The light dims, until full darkness pierces into the world."-KDM

If you are road-tripping, Raeford is quite close to I-95, and yes, it reminds me of camp, too :)
Raeford is fun, plus they have a restaurant and bar open most days. CSS has better bathrooms, but then I'm partial to the plumber who put them in :$. If you go to Raeford, definitely take your shower shoes.

Either way, you'll have much warmer weather there than up North! B|

I have jumped at both Coastal Carolinas (bout once a month) and Raeford (a couple of times)...

Coastal Carolinas is ussually only open on the weekends but is worth calling. Great view and people... Maybe out of the way unless you want a scenice drive along the coast.

Raeford has great people with little to no view. I had a lot of fun there with the restaurant (I eat alot) and the vibe.

Haven't been to CSS, but looking forward to getting there.

Best,
Dru
-
-
"Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

I recommend CSford......:D o wait was i supposed to plug my DZ's. Hey i haven't been to a DZ yet that was not fun to go to. I say flip a coin man and hit the other one up next time your in town.

The most terrifying words in the English language are: ‘I'm from the government and I'm here to help’. ~Ronald Reagan

30,000,000 legal firearm owners killed no one yesterday.

Both CSS and Raeford are GREAT places to jump. It all depends on how much time you have, obviously, but I would jump at both of them if I were you. The people at both places are great, the vibe is awesome at both places and you'll find that you'll look forward to coming back to both places once you've visited the first time. So, come see both places so you can tout them both.

I will say this, however: you'll get what you put into a visit to either place. If you keep to yourself and don't greet and mingle at either place, you'll wish you had been more outgoing. B|

Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

I think there are two DZ's that are much closer to Asheville, than CSS or Raeford.

Adrenaline Air Sports - A nice little Cesna DZ in Jonesville, NC. Really good vibes there and good people. Formerly the DZO of Smith Mountain Lake DZ.

Skydive Carolina (Chester) - An Otter / Sometimes Casa DZ just south of Charlotte, in South Carolina. Mainly an RW DZ, but look up Benji Rogers for Freeflying. James is the DZM and a great guy.

CSS and Raeford are the Big DZ's in North Carolina, but the two I mentioned are much closer from Asheville.

I think there are two DZ's that are much closer to Asheville, than CSS or Raeford.

Adrenaline Air Sports - A nice little Cesna DZ in Jonesville, NC. Really good vibes there and good people. Formerly the DZO of Smith Mountain Lake DZ.

Skydive Carolina (Chester) - An Otter / Sometimes Casa DZ just south of Charlotte, in South Carolina. Mainly an RW DZ, but look up Benji Rogers for Freeflying. James is the DZM and a great guy.

CSS and Raeford are the Big DZ's in North Carolina, but the two I mentioned are much closer from Asheville.

Thanks for the response. I hope I get a chance to jump, it looks like some great scenery.
--
Jason
--
Some people never go crazy. What truly boring lives they must lead.

I can vouch for Skydive Carolina as a great DZ, with great instruction and people. They have everything important there at your finger tips. A very large landing area being one of them.
Rodriguez Brother #1614, Muff Brother #4033
Jumped: Twin Otter, Cessna 182, CASA, Helicopter, Caravan