apb

weekday jumping in england.

With the weather getting better was thinking about taking the odd day off work here and there to go jumping in the UK.
What are people's opinions about dropzones to do the most jumps during the week?
I don't want to spend 3 hours + driving somewhere to only get 2 jumps in for the day.
Not having a moan about UK dz's just asking the question.....
And don't say go to Empuria coz I'm already doing that for the beach boogie!:)Based in Sussex

well the two closest to you (depending on where in sussex) weston and nethers are closed to civvis during the week, hinton tends to be a little quiet but its open and they'll put the PAC up with 5 or 6 in it. Langar can be busy in nottingham but thats a 3 1/2 hr drive. best bet really is to phone the dz's themselves and ask i guess. go on ukskydiver.co.uk and ask around there, probably get alot more responses from UK jumpers

I've been to Headcorn midweek and been pleasantly surprised. Theres quite a large number of emergency service staff who jump there and I guess the way the shifts work they get odd days off, as well as those who sneak out of work early (like on a Friday). If your lucky enough to get down to HPC midweek and theres a good number of jumpers willing to jump all day its a right laugh.

You could also ring ahead and see if they got any midweek tandems booked in. Thats what I did when I was struggling with shifts at work and wanting to progress through AFF. I'm not sure how it'll work now though as I believe they currently running a Skyvan unti the Let410 arrives. I don't know what their minimum would be to put them up

EDIT: A few of us from DZ.com will be up Emp during the beach boogie. So I may well see you there. I arrive on the 19th :)

I used to jump up at Hinton in the week when I was in my old job and usually managed to get around 4 jumps in so always pretty good, it is pretty relaxed up there in the week you just do your jumps then just pay for whatever you've done during the day, plus it's a hell of a lot easier to get hire kit and packing if needed. I miss jumping in the week!!:(

If you can't take care, take cover!!!

Nayf

well the two closest to you (depending on where in sussex) weston and nethers are closed to civvis during the week,

Nethers is open to all, mil and civ, on Wednesday and Friday afternoons, sometimes even all day, call 01980 678250 closer to the time to find out what time they'll be starting on a particular day.
www.wingin-it.co.uk
Wingin' It wingsuit school

will look out for you then Scoop. i'm sure there'll be a beer or 2 drunk! will look into headcorn. apart from that looks like the best thing to do is travel north or get a few people together and phone one of the dz's in advance to check.....