Need4Speed

Where to take the AFF in OK?

according to the DZ data base on here, there are only 3 that have AFF training. so you may be limited by proximity. in the end it's your decision but i'd suggest you contact the DZs that offer AFF and ask lots of questions, better yet go out and visit them. they'll be more than glad to discuss thier training programs with you.

blue skies and good luck.
diamonds are a dawgs best friend

What do you suggest I ask them?

Anything you don't already know!!! - What it costs? How they structure training? When can you do it? Have they any info you can look at (websites are a good start)? How many AFF students do they train each year? How many at present? What sort of gear do they use? How old is it? How many instructors are there on staff? The questions aren't as important as the answers and the way they are delivered.

Basically you are trying to get a feel for whether or not you will like the place and how effective and safe their training is going to be. I would suggest that a tandem skydive is probably a good way to get an introduction to the DZ.

As a minimum go there one day and just watch what's happening - how friendly, professional and approachable are staff? What's the vibe like?

Best plan is just to go out and do it.

Blue skies and good luck with AFF.
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

As a minimum go there one day and just watch what's happening - how friendly, professional and approachable are staff? What's the vibe like?

I agree with this approach. Before I started jumping I did this (visited both Cushing and Skiatook) and I'm glad I did - it helped me decide where to go.

One note - Cushing is having a boogie on May 5 and 6. This means they are having a special aircraft in and will probably be very busy with lots of jumpers. It's not like nobody will be able to answer your questions or show you around, but it'll be a little less hectic on a "regular" weekend.

Skiatook is a few miles north of Tulsa, while Cushing is about halfway between Tulsa and OKC.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

Also, depending on where you are located in Oklahoma, Freefall Express Skydiving in Mt. Vernon, MO is a great little DZ and we'd be happy to teach you how to fly. We're located about 25 miles east of Joplin. We do several hundered AFFs a year and we have 7 AFF Instructors on staff to choose from. If you have any questions concerning our program call 800-598-JUMP and ask for Bryan Wolford.

http://www.freefallexpress.com

Gary "Superfletch" Fletcher
D-26145; USPA Coach, IAD/I, AFF/I
Videographer/Photographer