JesSke

GA... are you ready to invade SDLI?!?

Okay, so nothing else has been mentioned since the Halloween boogie; and I've kept in contact w/ a couple of the regular jumpers @ SDLI-and they're ready for us!

I've contacted Ray, the DZO... I'm waiting to hear back w/ hotel suggesstions and basic info of such... I'm going to take the initiative and start organizing this one.

Mid June anyone? They are open 7 days a week, starting mid-may weather permitting. Operating a Caravan. I'm thinking we should include the weekend of the 15th-17th, add a couple of days to your liking. So, let's start the list...

http://www.roamingdz.com/smf/index.php?topic=516.0
"I hear and forget. I see and remember. I do and understand" --Confucious

#1586 Abollada Rodriguez;Team Licious c/o Lauralicious: JesSkeLicious:P

Do it! Do it!

How do the dates sound to you Spence, since I think we decided this would be a RoamingDZ thing...?!? (don't mind if I take charge do ya?) :P

has anyone talked to ray yet?? i know that he would be happy to have all the extra fun jumpers up here....especially all the ones from ATL.....

the earlier the better that way we can organize how many people will be around...or comming from ATL... that way we could get food for the DZ and everything...i am sorry we dont have scottie carbone....but im sure we could find a good cook.
"the sky is not the limit....the ground is"

we can figure out food later -- more importantly, lets figure out hotels and such - there's a best western not too far, and even closer is a shithole hotel called wading river motel, that is way too expensive for what it offers, but you literally drive 3 minutes and you're at the dz. bring your own soap XD

the zip code is 11933 if any of you wanna look up hotels yourselves...there's a million of them within 15 miles.

gonna have to ask ray about campers if any of you guys are planning on driving up with them...ok here's the original list of people saying they wanted to come -- any cross-offs/additions???

CSpenceFLY
Icon134
micduran
simplyputsi
skyberdyber
Jessie07
yardhippie
The Don (I think)
McBeth
avalonwings
johnf35242
lauraliscious
hisgoofyness
teamjenn1
Skydave103
JesSke
Bolas
tmiracle55

OK -- I just spoke with Lauren (manifest chick) -- she's the one who would get any and all phone calls from anyone -- jess I think you have the wrong number because she never got a message from you. 631-208-3900.

Lauren said that she'd be happy to help us out with whatever -- cool shit :) I'm sending her the link to this post, and hopefully she'll be able to shed some light on activities such as beach jumps, aircraft such as if we'll have the king air by then (in addition to the caravan) and everything else -- wooo hooo!!! can't wait for the rednecks to invade yankee territory, this is gonna be one hell of a party :P

I also called spence and left a message -- hopefully we'll be able to take advantage of his expertise (thanks spence!!) in this sorta thing, and can get this organized well and GOING! :D
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

oh yea i think i owe someone pizza....and some NY bagels......well katie that is what i ment by food...lol....and i also talked to lauren...more importantly...ray needs to def be in the loop...asap...becuse i know that he will want to know what is going on at HIS DZ.....

futher more...

it will be nice to see all the people from SDA.

I think we need to know the exacts dates before we can commit or "cross-off".
I would love to go but I need to know when.
Spence is probably out getting lost in the woods while geocaching. :P I'm sure he will return your call soon.
Be patient with the faults of others; they have to be patient with yours.

I think the most important task will be to get these rednecks some real pizza. There were actually people at the Freeflight Festival who thought that Dominos was pizza.

steve you are 100% correct. It's scary what some people think is good pizza [:/]
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

I think the most important task will be to get these rednecks some real pizza.

You going to Chicago? :P

I was gonna say something, but I know that's what you want bolas, silly troublemaker. you coming??

Real PIZZA AND BAGELS!!! Cheap! and Good! Oh... Cannoli's too! (spell?)...

Thanks for the #, I'll call again Friday I guess; if we can decide on a date!??!

I know that it's Jessie, Gerald, and Woody's birthdays that week, so we might want to change it to the one after so they can go... anyone?!? If no one else takes charge, we'll just set this one in concrete and be done w/ it. What you guys think?

i think that everyone will have a great time if they come up...we promise....food and more importantly beer and oh yea...i guess some skydiving.....the beach is nice and wide also.....and there are the beach clubs to go to after the jump.....hope everyone can make it.....scheduling it for the week of the 15-18 would be great ...that is a friday til monday