skyejumper

Best place to skydive near KC?

I live in the perfect skydiving place now, however, it looks like I'll be moving to the Kansas City area this Summer (I think on the Missouri side). What is the best DZ near there for an experienced freeflier? Which DZ has the best aircraft, coolest people and decent landing area? I've never been to that part of the country and don't even know how long the skydiving season lasts... though I've been told the weather isn't as hideous as it is further North.

You will have 3-4 DZs within an hour drive depending on where you are in the KC area. (MRVS, Skydive Kansas City, Skydive Kansas, Skydive K-State, Kansas City Skydiving Center) They are all Cessna DZs though. There are quite a few more DZs within a 3-4 hour drive, the majority being Cessna DZs, but I believe Quantum Leap and Archway, both have turbines. Freefall Express is a Cessna DZ and is about 3-4 hour drive. It is fun place to jump as well. Then again, I have fun wherever I go. Skydive Chicago is about 5-6 hour drive, although flights to Chicago are pretty reasonable. I would recommend visiting all the DZs in the area and jump wherever you feel the best vibe is. If you need any additional information about the area such as housing, things to do, etc., let me know.

Blue Skies
Dorinda
"Osh Kosh is NOT a Boogie" - Osh Kosh Security

When is the winter season out there? I used to live in NY and the dz's were pretty much closed from Dec. thru April (except on the weekends). I don't even know how cold it gets around KC. My husband swore it didn't snow all the time, but I don't believe him. I'm spoiled by living in a state that's warm year round :)

Midwest weather changes quickly, Summer usually has a few weeks to a month of very hot and humid conditions (time and severity varies from year to year). Spring and Fall change more often and quicker. We had several day's in the 70's last week with one in the 80's. It was maybe 50 today and "they" are calling for hard freezes tonight and tomorrow night. Temp's sometimes change 40-70 degrees in a matter of an hour or two. We jump year round (weekends) if the wind is reasonable, the clouds permit and we can get enough die hards. It doesn't snow all the time, in recent history (last 15 years or so) it seems like we hardly get any (not that I'm complaining). Winter, will get extreme (single digit temps) for a few weeks to a month usually.
I wish I was spoiled to having fair weather all the time.
Edo
Concumbui
Aethrae Cernuare