hankthetank

Seville, Spain mid April

I'm a less experienced jumper going to travel Spain alone for 2 weeks next month. I'm from the US

I'd like to take my rig and get a few jumps in at Seville. How is the DZ? How should I prepare to jump internationally?

I'll be in Madrid, Granada, Malaga and Seville. Can anybody make any other travel recommendations? I can leave my rig in Granada and make my way into Barcelona if it's worthwhile.
Will anybody on the this forum be there?

I jump at Seville pretty regular and have always had a good time. You might catch the end of there spring boogie, otherwise it can sometimes be slow in the week, at least if you're used to a busy US DZ. Big lannding area, just watch the ditch! (or dont watch it -target fixation!)
They're good people there and I like the vibe of the place. Seville a great city (so I'm told - never really checked it out properly) and I love Granada, something about the place - its beautiful and light but there's a dark side you scratch the surface of.. and you can ski/snowboard the Sierra Nevada less than an hour away, might be snow in april ;)

Malaga old town is nice, if you have transport and you can get up into the villages of las Alpujarras, mountain range east of malaga.

never been to barca (despite saying its better than madrid in skymama's thread but hey - I haven't been there either!!) but get to barca if you can. and take your rig, the largest dropzone in Europe is not far way.

Then post back to skymama's thread and tell us: which is better -Madrid or Barcelona ??

Hope thats vaguely helpful
but what do I know

Thanks Sam, Skymama.
I didn't find any boogies listed on their website. I am accustomed to both busy and small DZs but never during the week. They seem to have big enough aircraft. Does that mean that when they are slow that there will not be any loads or do they also have smaller planes? Are you planning on going there anytime soon?

If I get somebody over there to convince me to go to Barcelona I may just have to answer that post.

Hi there,

I work for Skydive Spain and Target Skysports (UK). Skydive Spain have their Spring Blow Out Boogie from the 24th March to the 15th April. We are now in the middle of the team training season so there is a lot more activity at the DZ. To put things in perspective, we have team Elan there at the moment doing 20 jumps a day!.

We have several military expeditions training at the DZ soon and lots of teams preparing for training. So I think things will not be as quite as you might expect. If you really want to prepare well for your AFF course, you could try doing 20 minutes in a wind tunnel with one of their tunnel coaches. I recommend Bodyflight in Bedford, UK.

Hope that helps,
Simon

as your heading down from malaga to granada theres some nice towns along the coast like nerja and almunecar this could be a good place to stop for a meal while traveling and have a look round or if you fancy a few days relaxation
http://www.activitiesandalucia.com/ is a good place to look its my fathers they rent self catering holiday cottages around the lecrin valley which is about 30 mins from granada and an hour from the coast its run by skydivers and as far as i know they offer a discount for skydivers!

PM me if you want any more info as i said its my dads buisness i can get you loads of information about the area and what there is to do theres loads of activitys around ranging from walking to paragliding and skiing

hope that helps
Falling from the top floor
your lungs fill like parachutes