fxstudio

Ballon Drop Mis-fortune @ the Byron Boogie

Your comments aobut pumpkins reminds me of an embarrassing accident 20 years ago.
Despite the DZO's admonition to "take the spot long" a bunch of freefalling fools took a pumpkin with them. They lost it around opening time and it punched through the roof of a farm building. Fortunately there was no-one inside the building.
That is the fastest way to convert a "nice guy" into a "farmer McNasty!"

I completely agree with Jose, unless you said stuff it I'm landing where they trew the balloon, just to see what happens, and you aren't going to tell us your that silly. So the onus is with the perpatrator of the drop , NOT, the victim.
Just my 2cents worth
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yep, people can play "Johnnie Knoxville" stuff with tossing but, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can"t jump with a tennis ball.>:((disgruntled spaceball...well,can't say Iv'e ever seen a "gruntled" one though:)-FARs:
I feel like rebel with a wind drift indicator.
My DZ/ Maytown SPC is very, VERY, very S&T & FARs
p.s. My Halloween jump will be as "Whinnie the POOH" it fits just like my freefly suit(with Pooh hood)
and nothing loose.
strict with out bend.:|
It keeps me out of trouble and harms way

just saw this thread.... that was my old canopy that got the water ballon through it. it was a sbre 150... the jumper i sold it to was on the ground at the time...so was her canopy...... strange how it busted through it......

p.s. sorry if this info was already posted...

I was at the boogie, and guy who organized this little adventure is a very saftey oriented person. It was announced that there was going to be a target shoot, EVERYONE was aware of it both on the ground and in the plane. I felt real bad for Shannon, but she did land in the target area. It would not sueprise me to find out that a few of the Byron boys helped flip the bill for th repair and if not, Shannon I will help you out.

JJ
JJ

"Call me Darth Balls"