McDuck

Raeford Boogie and Film Festival

i have a white canpoy with red ribs and a grey camera suit. Red, Black and White Wings container, with a pretty big camera helmet. Pretty much like this.....

NICE!
I have a nice picture of you landing!
want it!?
http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org
PMS#551
I love my life :)

damn that was a fun, can't wait to do it again next year!
campos thx again for the birdie coaching, god knows im hooked now:)also, when can i expect to be able to get a dvd of all the entries and some of the shenanigans that took place?

aka Wag-Tail, ChangoEnLosPantalones Rodriguez, Sonic Skyjew
"Just remember... don't fuck up."
Shake 'n Bake!

also, when can i expect to be able to get a dvd of all the entries

i do believe that only the persons that entered get copies of the videos, hence the $10 entry fee....then again i may be wrong
"Professor of Pimpology"~~~Bolas

also, when can i expect to be able to get a dvd of all the entries

i do believe that only the persons that entered get copies of the videos, hence the $10 entry fee....then again i may be wrong

I think $10 bucks will get you a dvd with all the movies. As always PM McDuck...and he thought this was over!

:D:D:D:D
Scars remind us that the past is real

The boogie/film festival was a huge success, thanks to everyone who showed up or helped out,we had a far greater turn out than we had expected both in people and in the number of films submitted. Putting it all together and Load Organizing kept Kevin and I busy months before and during the event as well as the others involved with making it happen. An incredible amount of prizes were given out to not only those in the film festival but to those in the crowd as we threw goodies out into the darkness(sorry if I beaned anyone). For those people who left early, you missed out on your chance to win free swag(optimas, neptunes,etc) when we started calling off wrist band numbers of everyone registered for the event. Free registration, free food, lots of free stuff, cheap jumps, great skydives,great films,great weather and great friends.....what else could you ask for at a boogie? :)

Thanks to all the gear Manufacturers(PD, Vigil ,Bonehead, Birdman,Alti-2, Jumpshack, Aerodyne,Mirage, Wings, L&B, Paraclete XP) and other organizations that sponsored the Military Appreciation Day/film festival or the boogie itself. Without their contributions none of this would have been possible.

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

If anyone got pics of me on Sunday I'd love to see them B| I was jumping a black+green canopy/container mostly with McDuck & Trevor.

what's your jump suit color?
I can check my pics
PMS#551

I had a blast. I didn't know a soul but met some great people while there.

Being a newbie wingsuit flyer, it was wonderful to be around people with so much more experience. Thanks Scott, Chuck, Jeff. Larry, Pete, and the rest for all the tips and advice.
... Marion

hey guys and gals...since I didn't have time to create a new page for all my pictures (yet) I have some on my album at picasa... if you were there and want to check them out, send me your e-mail by message and I will send you an invitation.
keka
PMS#551

Great boogie. Well organzied, cheap jump tickets, free food, organizers, cool videos, no registration....what else could you ask for. :)
Only thing that I didn't like about the boogie was the landing patterns......they were kind of scary with everyone picking their own direction!!!:o

So far, this is the oldest I've ever been.

Great boogie. Well organzied, cheap jump tickets, free food, organizers, cool videos, no registration....what else could you ask for. :)
Only thing that I didn't like about the boogie was the landing patterns......they were kind of scary with everyone picking their own direction!!!:o

I haven't had time to address anything in this thread in the aftermath of the event, but I thought it was important to set the record straight on this.

There was an established landing pattern on each and every load, briefed at the mock-up and listed on the dry-erase board facing jumpers as they approached the mock-up. At no time was there NOT a briefed landing pattern.

There were a few people who busted the pattern, but they were immediately approached and the issues were addressed. As I was making constant rounds all day Saturday and most of Sunday, making sure everything was going as planned and advertised, anyone perceiving a problem or potential problem had only to approach me and make their concerns known.

We addressed all concerns we saw or that were reported to us immediately, and there were no less than about 6 boogie organizers with eyes on the landing area at any given time.

To reiterate: landing patterns were established prior to jumpers loading the plane, and were not only briefed but also listed on the dry-erase board at the mock-up, in plain sight and easy for jumpers to see. Anyone who broke the pattern was approached and the situation dealt with in a fair manner.
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.

What boogie where you at? Even with Raefords modest landing area - there were no incidents and no canopy collisons. And I agree with McDuck - the landing direction was briefed before each load - as it always is at Raeford.

Jump
Scars remind us that the past is real

Seems like you'll always have people chasing the wind sock, no matter where you are or what rules are in place.

I saw a few loads Sat. where almost everyone butt-slid in because the winds had changed - but at least there was a pattern (road to runway.)

Bottom line - there were plenty of PA announcements re: patterns, landings were monitored by the organizers, individual issues were addressed, and like the above poster pointed out: NO serious incidents or collisions. Given the amount of traffic in the skies at some points, I'd say everyone did an excellent job.

Best,
D

Much thanks to the 82nd - those demos rocked! The crowd was really "wowed" by your excellent CRW. Extremely well done.

Whats funny is i busted Kevins chops after the film festival for not mentioning us he felt so bad but it was funny cause he was already drunk. Gald yall liked it....We had 5 guys, put one rig out of comission doing the CRW and I was very tired afterward, still managed to film the big way too.

Jake -

Well, we all appreciated you. There were serious PA announcements letting us know when the plane had taken off, when you'd be in the air etc. so Kevin shouldn't feel too bad; your demos were well-watched by everyone. Most of our CSS people had never seen a low 3-stack, or a 2-stack get landed; they were "oohing" and "aahing" all over the place. I missed the downplane, dammit.

And thanks for filming the big way (any chance I can get a copy of that?), and congrats for placing in the the top 6 of the film festival!

Best,
D

To reiterate: landing patterns were established prior to jumpers loading the plane, and were not only briefed but also listed on the dry-erase board at the mock-up, in plain sight and easy for jumpers to see. Anyone who broke the pattern was approached and the situation dealt with in a fair manner.

that's true... I even thought I was going to be deaf when someone announced on the microphone ...WHILE the jumpers were landing( I was sitting below one of the speakers :S) that the landing pattern should be followed
PMS#551